3.8L V6 NOS GM Reman

rickyracer01

can anyone tell me what a motor like this is worth? my motor is old and it's time for a rebuild but i can get access to this and was wondering whats it worth? any beter then a oem motor?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 172
  • s-l1600-.jpg
    s-l1600-.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 169
I bought one just like it in the crate for $400 a couple of years ago. It had a N/A crank, cast pistons, and was .040 over! It did have the oil return drilled and tapped but had a plug in it so it could be used or turbo or N/A apllications. Typically the reman stuff is rebuilt as cheap as possible. I would rather have an engine built and know what you have when you are done.

I asked the seller some questions this was his reply.

"Picture attached bore is 040 and crank is 010-010.."

I asked for a picture of the plate on the block Also, He sent me a low resolution pic, but it confirmed what he said about the Bore & Crank.
Richard Clark had commented about these remans. awhile back. Seems they are not very good.

My white car had a Jasper motor in it. I'm not sure how many miles were on it when it was swapped, but the motor sounded good when I got it running. Its the same color grey and had a label on the oil pan. I have it in my WH1, and hope to have it on the road soon.

That ebay motor and seller has had multiple auctions using the same pictures over and over which seems suspicious to me. Funny how he pawns them off as 'NOS' I know I've seen him have at least 3 other auctions for the same motor. Buyer beware!!

That ebay motor and seller has had multiple auctions using the same pictures over and over which seems suspicious to me. Funny how he pawns them off as 'NOS' I know I've seen him have at least 3 other auctions for the same motor. Buyer beware!!

Looking at his feedback and the one auction where you can look at the item; its different pictures from the current auction. But multiple relists can be due to dead beat bidders.

Looking at his feedback and the one auction where you can look at the item; its different pictures from the current auction. But multiple relists can be due to dead beat bidders.

And if you also look at that feedback it appears he has sold a couple of these engines. Yes you could re list due to dead beat bidders but those wouldn't leave positive feedback like some of the other auctions have for the same engine. It's possible I guess the guy bought a bunch of them and is now selling them, but I saw enough that made me suspicious and I would not buy one.