2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

TURBOELKY said:
Since you all who own sti's want to talk about 1/4 mile times, and handling, why dont you go do with your sti's :eek: what they were made for. Off roading!, I can bet none of you have ever even pull'd over on the side of the road in the dirt, afraid of getting your low profile tires dirty, or scratching a rim on a pebble. You are all hypocrits, talking 1/4 mile times, and handling, when you even have said, they are awd for a rally car, make up your minds.
Well, here are some pictures of my cars. The white one went into a mud pit (as you can see thr front bumper submerged into the ground), $1,000 wheel covered in dirt with Potenza RE070 tires and I didn't get stuck.
My blue STi, driving it back from North Carolina to Michigan. I hit a major snowstorm (mid December) and there was over 3" of snow on the highway. I was driving on R compound Michilen Pilots and passing other cars. The Subaru's awd system is amazing. Not many cars can drive on R compounds in snow for over 300 miles w/o an incident.

TURBOELKY said:
For 30k, you can buy a stock gn, and build the crap out of it. Yes it would handle like crap still, but it would go in a straight line, and really fast too. There is a limit with your 4 bangers, the 109 block will hold up a long time, to much abuse on the track over and over again if built right. The 87, was a technoligical break through, who else made a 13 sec. turbo v6 in the 80? Besides Porsche, not many.
The STi's block (EJ257) is semi-closed and can handle over 600 flywheel horsepower (GT35R turbo kit on C16 makes 520awhp) on the stock motor. Daily drivers with the GT35R kit have 420ahwp on 93, no issues. With different rods it can handle more boost too. So the motor is good and we know the trans is fine. The GT35R kit with supporting mods is around $5,000, not bad.

Nick

Attachments

• Muddy 4.JPG
    Muddy 4.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Muddy 8.JPG
    Muddy 8.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Day 1.jpg
    Day 1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 123
  • day one 4.jpg
    day one 4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 118
TURBOELKY said:
One more thing, if you crash your sti up a pole at 30 mph, what would happen,??? what would happen to the gn,???? your car would be total'd, the gn would need new fenders!!!!!!! idiots.

I managed to roll my white STi over at 80mph last september. It landed on all fours and I drove it 3 hours home. I had no injuries. If I was in the GN I would have been dead.
With your comments on that post, you really made yourself look like a jacka$$.

Nick

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 126
  • store 3.jpg
    store 3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 128
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 125
  • store 4.jpg
    store 4.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 123
White Out said:
I managed to roll my white STi over at 80mph last september. It landed on all fours and I drove it 3 hours home. I had no injuries. If I was in the GN I would have been dead.
With your comments on that post, you really made yourself look like a jacka$$.

Nick

Ok now do that to the GN and see what happens :biggrin:

Why won't this thread die?........ Apples are apples and oranges are oranges and some people like fruit salad. Put it to rest. Pu-leeazzeee. :rolleyes: