200-r4 3rd-4th pressure port

akb4747

hello all. i want my 200-r4 to have lockup in 3rd and 4th gears. can anyone tell me which port is pressurized in both gears? its a one wire circuit (extreme automatics) with a simple toggle/relay for control. i know i could just ground the wire and have lockup anytime my toggle is closed, but want to save myself from myself, forgetting to switch off.

thanks, andy.

Some(many) valve bodies don't have the port for the third gear switch. What valve body are you using?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

hello all. i want my 200-r4 to have lockup in 3rd and 4th gears. can anyone tell me which port is pressurized in both gears? its a one wire circuit (extreme automatics) with a simple toggle/relay for control. i know i could just ground the wire and have lockup anytime my toggle is closed, but want to save myself from myself, forgetting to switch off.

thanks, andy.

The 3rd gear switch is active in both 3rd & 4th gear. Note that you will need to use a relay to flip the signal, the switches are N.C. and open with pressure. If your ECM isn't using the 3rd gear switch, may be able to use a N.O. switch from a 700R4. Although I don't know for sure that they use the same threads.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I have mine set up with a toggle switch and a led on the dash. When switch on leg glows green when off no light.

valve body is BR style i believe, no ECM, non-GM carburated, and am using a lighted toggle switch and relay.

thanks, andy

hello all. i got the trans set up for 3 and 4 lockup. this is how i did it on my extreme automatics stage 1.

remove plug here
100_6864.JPG

and install it here, where the pressure switch is located for fourth only lockup.
100_6863.JPG

re-install switch here, where the plug was removed. needed to "slightly clearance" the O.D. of the switch to get it started in the threads.
100_6872.JPG

grafted in a piece of wire as the original was too short to reach new switch location
100_6873.JPG

thanks to lonnie at extreme for the instructions. works great, locks up in 3rd and 4th.
:):):):):):):cool:

have a great day, andy.

hello olds403. there is only one pressure switch, the new location is pressurized in 3rd and 4th. i simply relocated the switch that was already present.

andy:cool:

Attachments

• 100_6873.JPG
    100_6873.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 126