1986 Grand National - located in Texas

camzillaz

1986 Grand National VIN: 1G4GK4773GP450435

Clean Carfax and title. Car is a hardtop and has 144K original miles. The car is in excellent condition and has a well documented history. Turbo V6 with cold AC (converted to 134a), power windows, power locks and power antenna. I have owned the car for the past 2 years. It has been garage kept and well maintained. It’s time for me to let someone else enjoy this great car.

History: Originally owned by Southwest Research. They put 115K on it testing the differential. I believe they did this on a chassis dyno. The motor blew a head gasket in 1991. It was then sold to an employee who rebuilt the motor. In the last 20 years it has only been driven 30K. It was repainted in 1997 and still looks amazing.

Motor: Original V6 rebuilt with a Lunati 200/200 cam and a TA49 turbo with HD waste gate and boost logic MBC. Turbo has upgraded inlet bell and turbo saver oiling system. 3” Terry Houston Downpipe. Car has RJC power plate. The fuel system was upgraded with and adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 60# injectors, Walbro 340 high performance fuel pump hot wired and 5.7 Turbo Tweak Chip w/Alky (currently used and tuned for) and an extra 5.7 TT chip for 93 octane will also be thrown in. Razor’s Alky control single nozzle kit. Upgraded PTE SLIC. Car comes with RJC race pulleys. The exhaust was upgraded with a high flow 2 ½ inch Hooker cat back system. Big mouth 4” CAI, maf pipe, maf translator with LS1 maf and heated O2 sensor and new alternator.

Monitoring: 2.1 Scanmaster. I have the 2.2 chip for the Scanmaster and Power Logger with modified ECM that comes with the car. AEM Wideband tapped into downpipe with A-pillar gauge for easy reference.

Cooling: 3 core aluminum radiator, dual spa fans, 160 thermostat, upgraded water pump and all new hoses.

Transmission: Extreme Automatics Stage II 200-R4 with Dusty Bradford specked PTC 9.5” N/L 3,000 stall converter. HR Parts and Stuff Polly engine and transmission mounts. Auxiliary transmission cooler with fan.

Interior: Excellent shape “turbo 6” headrests, Concert sound stereo. Armrest console insert. Trunk carpet kit. Console mount water temp and boost gauge. Rear seat brace kit.

Exterior: Repaint in 1997. Hand painted pinstripes color matched to the “turbo 6” logos. LED sequential tail light conversion with 3rd brake light.

Suspension: KYB shocks with ride handling springs. Brakes converted to vacuum booster style.

Security: Valiant Alarm. Steadfast column collar and brake pedal lock. Car also has hard wired kill switch.

This car has no rust and has been kept and registered in Texas!

I am sure I'm forgetting something but that's the major re-cap of what has been done to this car. I do have a lot of stock and aftermarket parts that come with the car.

Known issues: Drivers power seat needs new electric motor and rear bumper filler is broken around gas neck.

I have most of the receipts in a 3 ring binder.

My asking price is $16,000. I’m firm at this price and not interested in trades at this time.

Car is located in San Antonio, TX. Email - Camzillaz@yahoo.com

I am posting pictures I had handy on my computer, but will post up some additional pictures soon (engine picture needs to be updated). If you have any specific pictures you want or questions, please email me. Thanks, Scott.

94 views and no comments?

Give me some feedback guys, what are your thoughts?

Comments welcome...let me have it!

That's too much $ for a car with those miles and mods. A bone stock mint one with those miles wouldn't bring that. I'm sorry as I don't want to be that guy, and I won't tell you what I think it's worth but you asked so I am saying I think you are way too high on it. Maybe with 100k less miles.

we4Mateo - Thanks for the feedback. So, should I consider returning the car to stock and lower the price? I don't mind pulling $3,000 worth of parts off the car and selling it for $13,000. If I'm still too high, I may just keep the car and enjoy it for another year or two.

I agree regarding the miles. Also, the fact that it has a custom touch(pinstripe) is another price detractor. The mods aren't too wild IMO, so I don't see how they'd bring the value down. If I were closer, we'd be talking right now. It's a really nice car! glws

I'm from San Antonio. Don't think I've met you before but good luck with sale!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app