1531 Hp @25 Lbs Boost

To Run In Nmca Extreme Street. To Make The Field You Better Run 8 Teens Or Some 8.20s Or You Better Go Home So Thats What It Takes.im Going To Detune The Car Just A Little. John Wilde I Got A Video Im Going To Send You Tommorrow. If Could Post For Me Thanks Ken

Anyone who puts a V8 in a Grand National no longer has a Grand National. It's now a regal with GN badges and a V8. If you are not running a Turbo 6 in your GN, then it's not a GN anymore. Just my 2 cents.

Turbo 6 Forever!

I AGREE 100%. IT'S IETHER A 6 OR ITS NOT A TR. NOT TO SAY THAT HAVING AN 8 IN THERE WOULD NOT MAKE YOU GO FASTER AND SPEND LESS $$$$$$$$ ON GAS BUT IT IS NO LONGER A TURBO REGAL. WOULD BE NICE TO PUT 1000 HP TO THE WHEELS ON PUMP GAS THO...! NOT SURE IF EVEN A STAGE II TT WOULD BE ABLE TO DO THAT? MAYBE IT COULD? WATCHING THAT NELSON ENGINE VIDEO MAKES YOU WONDER IF THE 8 IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO THO.

V8 conversions

Bill Anderson runs low 7's with his V6 turbo, so running in that class can be done with a Turbo 6 if you want to spend the time and money to build the car. The numbers on the V8 are impressive I agree. As far as me being a fanatic Turbopowered68, call me whatever you want. The fact of the matter is the Turbo V6 is what made the car the Legends they are today. I wish this guy the best of luck with his car and anyone else who chooses this route, but the car is still no Grand National.

Chris

Bill Anderson runs low 7's with his V6 turbo, so running in that class can be done with a Turbo 6 if you want to spend the time and money to build the car. The numbers on the V8 are impressive I agree. As far as me being a fanatic Turbopowered68, call me whatever you want. The fact of the matter is the Turbo V6 is what made the car the Legends they are today. I wish this guy the best of luck with his car and anyone else who chooses this route, but the car is still no Grand National.

Chris

I get your point.
But IMO to say it’s not a GN is a little out there.
Also IMO what really made the GN's was the smack down they put on most cars it comes across.
If the GN had a turbo v8 OE with the at least the same results as the TV6 the fan base would have been the same or even better.

BTW how many people do you see running after the early 80's turbo regals and montes not too many I wonder why?:confused: :confused:

Could it be because the whir slow?
And that’s the reason I don't buy the stand by, honor and praise the TV6.

To me it’s all about performance and gas mileage. And these engines have a great ratio

Pro Street Type Car
Bill Anderson ran 7.2 @ 188 with 33X17 tires at 2570lbs. with v6
Drag Radial
David Wolfe runs 7.4 @ 197 on DRAG RADIALS at 3400lbs with V8
Outlaw 10.5
Tim Lynch runs 6.6 @ 223 with 33X10.5W at 3150lbs with V8

The typical Pro Street car is .5 tenths quicker 20 plus mph quicker.

Please tell me one heads up class you can run with the v6 in a major org and compete?

I just helped a friend get his car ready for Drag Radial in Orlando.
He had a single turbo v6 GN. The car had some issues but if it was running right it would have been 6 tenths slower at about 30 less mph. BTW he has close to $100k in his car, is that enough???

So at what point is it not a GN?
I guess anyone with a Ford 9inch Rear, T400 or PG, aftermarket ECU or any chassis upgrade????

I understand your passion for the motor, but it is not ever going to compete with bigger motors using the same technology, especially since none of the racing orgs care about giving our cars the weight break they need.

As a matter of being respectful to fellow members don't pollute his thread with YOUR unsolicited opinion. You have a right to your opinion, start up your own thread.

To Run In Nmca Extreme Street. To Make The Field You Better Run 8 Teens Or Some 8.20s Or You Better Go Home So Thats What It Takes.im Going To Detune The Car Just A Little. John Wilde I Got A Video Im Going To Send You Tommorrow. If Could Post For Me Thanks Ken

Waiting for e-mail =)

I've actually been thinking about doing a V8/turbo conversion on my '87 GN.

There comes a point when it just doesn't make sense to put $20k into a V6, if the same performance can be had for half the cost, using a V8.

I can take a very mild turboed 350SBC and put my car into the 9's pretty easily on a small budget.
To do the same thing with a V6 is not an easy, or inexpensive task.

Just my 2 cents.

my .02 The V6 cant compete in much of anything with small tires on it. That is the trend recently, more power,less tire. My new engine is a 406" SB2.2 headed SBC that will be capable of 2000hp. Alot of guys think they can put together a reliable SBC cheaper and that is simply not the case. If you want a chinese or cheap forged crank and the same brand rods, sure you can put it together cheap but it will not be any more reliable than the V6 at the same power level. You cant call Summit and say "I want a $3000 billet crank, send it overnight please." You have to call Sonny and wait 26 weeks just like we did for a Buick crank (the v8 cost MORE as well) You need 8 rods at $300 each instead of 6. Bottom line is, it is not cheaper for a v8 with good parts, it is MORE. The V8 engine with equalivent parts as a V6 WILL be more reliable at the same power level BUT have the capability to make more power. For example a V6 on the ragged edge makes 275hp/cyl (1650). A reasonably displaced SBC at the same power LEVEL (2200hp) will have the same reliability issues.

V6 Turbo vs V8 Turbo

V6 Turbo vs V8 Turbo

This was a delima Lawrence Conley faced 10 years ago. We had the fastest Single Turbo V6 running 7.8's in NMCA's Fastest Street Car Shootout. The only problem was that the competition was running 7.4's. Sure we had a fast car for what it was, But it could not compete with the V8's. We wanted to be the fastest. Alot of people thought we (C.P.P.) sold out and went chevy. All we did was build a car to compete in the class we wanted to. (still remaining Buick at heart) Plus, there was not a Buick powerp plant that would make and survive at the kind of power level we needed.
Whats the most H.P. made by a Buick v6?
It doesn't take that much to make over 2000 H.P. in a v8 (except $$$) Tweaked went 7.75 @ 178 at 2800 lbs, (1300 H.P. on kennys engine dyno back in the mid 1990's)Tweaked II went 6.55 @ 215 at 2950lbs.( well over 2000 h.p.) Never had the guts to strap it down on the dyno.:redface:
I'm a Buick V6 guy at heart, and will always run one in my GN. But if you wanna compete with the V8s on a level playing field, your gonna have to build a v8.
To those of you who wanna build a V8 and put it in you GN . . . Its your car, who am I to say you cant do it. It least that nasty monster is under the hood of a Buick. And to those of you who keep tweak'n them V6's, MORE POWER TO YA!!! Let's giv'em HELL!!!

Just my 2 cents.
CC

V6 Turbo vs V8 Turbo

This was a delima Lawrence Conley faced 10 years ago. We had the fastest Single Turbo V6 running 7.8's in NMCA's Fastest Street Car Shootout. The only problem was that the competition was running 7.4's. Sure we had a fast car for what it was, But it could not compete with the V8's. We wanted to be the fastest. Alot of people thought we (C.P.P.) sold out and went chevy. All we did was build a car to compete in the class we wanted to. (still remaining Buick at heart) Plus, there was not a Buick powerp plant that would make and survive at the kind of power level we needed.
Whats the most H.P. made by a Buick v6?
It doesn't take that much to make over 2000 H.P. in a v8 (except $$$) Tweaked went 7.75 @ 178 at 2800 lbs, (1300 H.P. on kennys engine dyno back in the mid 1990's)Tweaked II went 6.55 @ 215 at 2950lbs.( well over 2000 h.p.) Never had the guts to strap it down on the dyno.:redface:
I'm a Buick V6 guy at heart, and will always run one in my GN. But if you wanna compete with the V8s on a level playing field, your gonna have to build a v8.
To those of you who wanna build a V8 and put it in you GN . . . Its your car, who am I to say you cant do it. It least that nasty monster is under the hood of a Buick. And to those of you who keep tweak'n them V6's, MORE POWER TO YA!!! Let's giv'em HELL!!!

Just my 2 cents.
CC

I love Ford's:biggrin: :eek:

Thanks Guys For All Your Input Its Kinda Funny ...............im Really Gonna Buy A Low Mileage G/n And Leave It Alone. I Just Love The Car And Did Not Want To Start Out With A Peace Of **** And Turn It Into What I Wanted .thanks

I don't have a problem with someone putting a V-8 in a GN if that is what they wish. These guys running in competition have to do what they have to do. Just take out the Rustangs that is all I ask!

Here is pics of the motor in the car .Thanks ken

Attachments

• IM000995.JPG
    IM000995.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 681
  • IM000996.JPG
    IM000996.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 682
  • IM000998.JPG
    IM000998.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 700
Very different, I knew it was not a turbo from the class you are running.
I think you may have shocked a couple people though!!
I never got the video, you need to let me know what address you are going to send it from so I can white list you!