Zero fuel pressure at the rails

The wire in question is definitely the red wire in the picture shown. This wire taps into the grey wire on the fuel pump harness as shown. From there it runs into the trunk and then I lose it because it goes into the main wire loom going towards the front of the car. I do not see any red wire in the engine bay and none at the alternator so where would this wire be tapped into coming from the fuel pump harness? I don't see how this is a homemade hotwire kit if the wire doesn't run to the alternator.

It's a very badly done homemade kit or there was a short in that grey pump wire and that red wire is a fix for it. The only way to find out is track the red wire down. What city are you in? Maybe another member lives close to you and can help you solve it.

I live in Rhode Island. If I disconnect that red wire and just use the factory harness, then the fuel pump does not run. If I connect the red wire, the pump will run but will still run even if I take the keys out of the ignition?! It will run till I manually go under the car and disconnect the wire. I don't understand what could have happened from just installing the hot wire kit. It will only run like it just said along with the hot wire kit. If I just try and put everything back together just as stock, the pump does not run,even with that red wire connected. (It ran fine this way before). Now I have to have the hotwire jit installed to get the pump running but then it just stays running until I disconnect that red wire.

Well I got some of it figured out. I left the red wire unhooked and installed the hotwire kit back together. Using the vortex site, I tested the relay harness. I get volts on the pink/black wire with they key on. I rigged a test light to the green/white wire, and with the key on, the light comes on for a couple of seconds then goes off. Then I tested the fuel pump test connector and the pump ran. So according to the website, it sold be the relay on the fender. I had to order one but I rigged up a relay and ran wires to the fuel pump relay harness and it worked. The fuel pump turned on and primed for a couple of seconds and then turned off. And now it runs. The problem now is, when I turn the key the fuel pressure goes to 43 psi then starts dropping on the gauge. Once I crank it, it starts and hold at 38-39 psi. Now I have to figure out why it's not holding the pressure after the initial prime.

The pump should only run for a couple of seconds with the key on and the engine off. The pressure drop is normal also with the engine off. Sounds like you got it figured out. If you leave the red wire on just make sure to get rid of that butt connection and solder those wires together and heat shrink it to keep water out.