Yukon tire recommendations please!

gn87turbo

Aug 8, 2007
Wise, VA
I have a 2016 Yukon 2WD. We get occasional snow where I live. The current tires are about gone. What is a really good all season tire I could use that will also go on snow as well? If it’s really snowy I usually take my wife to work in my truck but I’m talking about her driving in a snow dusting or barely covering the road. I don’t mind going aggressive in look if need be. Thanks in advance!

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
Sep 10, 2002
Texas
ihadav8.com
If you have the coin you really cant go wrong with Michelin. But have a hard time parting with that much so I usually end up with some sort of used rubber or the chinese clearance tires at the local sears auto ctr.

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Oct 31, 2007
I have purchased many Michelin tires for 3/4 ton trucks, 15 passenger vans & passenger cars.

I have never accumulated enough mileage before they went out on age. They are prone to sidewall cracking.

I have also run BFG A/T tires. Nice tire, but soft & wear out quickly.

I'm going to look at Cooper fairly soon.

Darkstar72

Oct 1, 2017
ILLINOIS
Check out any options you may have in your size for General Tires. Pretty good cost point and I put a set on the wife's old car, Nissan Sentra, years ago and she never had any issues in the snow with some good ol Generals all season.

I currently have Continentals on my 2011 Suburban, but it also 4WD so I don't need an aggressive tire to get where I'm going in the snow.

Buckshot G/N

Nov 2, 2011
Concord TN
If you have deep pockets and going to keep the vehicle Michelin or Bridgestone, and for a more economy tire, look at maybe Generals or
Cooper tires. All 4 tire brands make an excellent tire for Yukons or Tahoes. You only live a 150 miles or so from me and I'm familiar with
Hwy 23 and the hilly terrain. I have a buddy in Knoxville,TN that owns a large tire store, his name is Bart call him @ 865-687-6061, and have
him give you quotes on those 4 brands of tires. that way you will have a ballpark figure. never know you might be driving to Knoxville.
Good Luck..

Reactions: gn87turbo

KC87

Feb 11, 2009
I look and read for quite a while before buying tires. Decided on the Cooper Discoverer AT-3 for the 4WD Sierra. Work pretty decent in 2WD but as you know they're light in the back and you'll have a lot more with the Yukon. Some weight would help out a lot in just 2WD mode, in 4 they're very good and wear very well also. 25k and "maybe" half used.

Reactions: gn87turbo