You're NOT READY For THIS!...

Bret Kepner

GIR04-25051AA.jpg

No replacement for displacement:confused: Thats awesome. And out of a four cylinder. Thats like pulling a pin out of a grenade and hoping its a dud:biggrin:

Wow!!! That is impressive! 150 mph!!! Congratulations to John! I bet the turbo is bigger than the block now. I can't wait to see it at Gateway!

Craig

Huber's powerplant is, indeed, based on the 2.3 two-valve Pinto block now displacing 178 inches; Jon and his dad have fabricated many of the pieces for the Mustang at Huber Performance in St. Louis.

Huber finished eighth overall in HOTROD's Dragweek '06 which included 1500 miles on the road and racing at five dragstrips in five days. The car is licensed, inspected, insured and has a full interior.

That is SICK!! I can't wait until my motor is finished. It looks like i might not be out there this year to race and defend my 6cyl record. I will be there next year for some 9 sec passes with my totally new combo. ;)

Rob Nolan

You REALLY have to see this car in person to grasp just how well they've kept true to the base car and not turned it into a full-on race rig.
It doesn't scream "8 seconds" at first glance at all.
Jon is the man for sure.
They've had that car for YEARS.
I remember when it used to prowl South County as an 11 second deal....THAT was fast for a 2.3 back then.

A HUGE congrats goes out to the Huber family, Huber Performance and Turbo Connection.

^ I agree, i saw this car at the easter show last year and didnt think much of it. under the hood it was impressive but i wasnt expecting too great of numbers, little did i know! I talked to an older man about ( i dont know if it was john or not) and he was an extremely nice guy. congrats to them on the INSANE times!:D