WTF happened to my car?

My guess with your car is the timing chain, but here's what happened when my car locked up on me.

In my old 84 I came around a corner one day on the way home from school and the engine siezed. Towed the car home, pulled off the oil pan, and the crank was broken between rods 3 and 4. This was on a car with rather low oil pressure, and it had 140,000 miles or so on it.

UPDATE:
Spent a couple hours today pulling off the front cover. It's not the timing chain, it was intact and looked good. So, the next step is to pull the valve covers off and check the valves. After that, I'm going to try the crank to see if it's broke. Should get back to working on the car Wednesday.

Something wrong with this picture...

I got the oil pan dropped off the car today. I pulled it out, and checked inside of it to find two pieces of the #6 piston skirt in the pan. Together, the two pieces totalled about half of a quarter. The crank looked strange as well... cylinders 1-2 and 3-4 were 180 degrees apart and 3-4 and 5-6 were about 90 degrees apart. 1-2 was flat to the left, 3-4 was flat to the right and 5-6 was straight up. Any ideas...?

You will need to pull the motor I'm sure. There is probably some damage to #6 bore, hopefully just scuffing. Maybe the rod is bent or the piston pin is gone. I cant really comment on the crank orientation.

Saturday PowerV6 and me are going to be pulling the motor. I'm going to be taking the crank, rods, pistons and any other associated parts out and will be ordering a rebuild kit from Poston's more than likely.