wrong actuator???

REGL8R

I'm only getting 9 lbs of boost with the actuator as tight as can be on my te-60. Does anyone have a close up of how theres looks, mine is only held on by one bolt (Center of actuator bracket) which does not seem right.

Even if it is not made for the te-60 i dont know why it would only be 9 lbs when all the numbers are good and no knock which I would assume elminates exhaust leaks for the most part.

Any ideas?

It sounds like you have TA series actuator instead of a TE series. I just got my car running a few days ago and put on a TE-60 and when I tried the TA series actuator that came off my stock turbo it didn't line up right at all. That could be why your only seeing 9lbs. of boost.

The Te series has a 1/4 moon shaped bracket that is welded to a regular flange that has mounting holes in it. This welded bracket gives it a wider base to reach the first and last hole on the TE-60 turbo. Go to the vendors on this board and do a search for a TE-60 actuator maybe you can find a picture of what you need.
HTH
Tony

I'm only getting 9 lbs of boost with the actuator as tight as can be on my te-60. Does anyone have a close up of how theres looks, mine is only held on by one bolt (Center of actuator bracket) which does not seem right.

Even if it is not made for the te-60 i dont know why it would only be 9 lbs when all the numbers are good and no knock which I would assume elminates exhaust leaks for the most part.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem a while back....I drilled the holes out and made it fit then got a RJC boost controller and was running 22# on a TE turbo with the stock actuator

I think you guys hit the nail on the head... I'm getting a high boost te actuator from a friend this weekend, cant wait for 18-20 lbs!