WOT shift into OD question...

Crazi

Why Try...
Was out racing a buddy yesterday and was wondering about shifting into OD while my foot is on the floor?? Sent an email to Lonnie but just curious if the billet parts change the thought of shifting to OD.

Extreme auto stage 3 with all the billet goodies but didn't want to hurt it so I let him go when I ran out 3rd. About 26psi/25 degrees on the combo below.

It was a built Honda civic running 28psi on a huge turbo with e85. He got it tuned and we have been talking trash back and forth for about 5 months. He puts down GOOD power!

Was out racing a buddy yesterday and was wondering about shifting into OD while my foot is on the floor?? Sent an email to Lonnie but just curious if the billet parts change the thought of shifting to OD.

Extreme auto stage 3 with all the billet goodies but didn't want to hurt it so I let him go when I ran out 3rd. About 26psi/25 degrees on the combo below.

It was a built Honda civic running 28psi on a huge turbo with e85. He got it tuned and we have been talking trash back and forth for about 5 months. He puts down GOOD power!

I know I shouldn't but I run mine in 4th on the highway pulls, in Mexico, all the time. I used to do it out of ignorance, but now I do it because it's fun. I figure if it hasn't broken yet, I got one of the good 4th gear planets. With your setup, I wouldn't worry at all. Hell of a load on the motor so watch the tune. I lock my TC, in 3rd only, at the track and boost spikes to 30psi before settling lower and I don't see KR. Same with the 4th gear pulls. I go easy on the timing.

I have a few customers that shift into overdrive under power with no issues with full billet internals. Since you have a full billet setup and if you shift into OD when the power falls off, top of 3rd, it will not be an issue. just a stacked shift. OD applies on top of 3rd. I would ask Lonnie though for confirmation as it is his build.

Subscribed as well. I was always told to WOT in 3rd only no OD.

But why not is the question to ask. Not enough clutches and inconsistent build quality on the factory 4th gear planet is the answer. My 4th gear clutches are maxxed out and I'm lucky to have a good 4th gear planet; much like forward drums, some last, some explode on somewhat slow cars. But with a full billet build and good clutched and line pressure, give it a whirl!

All,

Update. Heard back from Lonnie today and he says it will be fine. Thanks for the helpful answers!