Woodburn BOP race September 4th

DEL

Just a reminder that there's a Buick Olds Pontiac race at Woodburn (www.woodburndragstrip.com) on Saturday September 4th.

I plan to run the V-8 car for the heck of it.

Hope to see at least a few turbo Buicks there :confused:

From their website:

So there's a show-n-shine too...

Buick/Olds/Pontiac • Streel Legal & Jr. Dragsters
• Gates open 8 am
Saturday - Car Show & Time Trials 9-1:30pm
Awards 1:30pm - Eliminations at 2pm
To Include - Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac
Adult $10, Kids 6-14 $5, Under 6 Free, Racer $30

I'll go down with you Dave. I would like to head down early if I am going to enter the show, what time were you thinking of going?

Gary, I'll probably make a day of it and try to be there at 8:30 or so. I don't like to start the thumper here in the hood much earlier than that :cool:

A good day at the track

Well I runner'd up at the BOP event. I lost in the final to a 3 time track champion driving his low 11 second Oldsmobile.

Icing on the Skylark cake was that she ran a new best ET also 12.35.

There was a GN there that ran 11.98 and got booted for no rollbar. I never got a chance to talk to the guy. I've seen him around before but I don't know him, he wasn't at TTV as far as I know.

Anyway it was a good day at the track. Turnout for the event was light, but its the first BOP that Woodburn has put on.

I took home a whopping $25.00. There were only about 22 cars in the Pro class so the payouts were low. I've got another plaque for the wall...I was just happy to make it past first round!

The old best time was a 12.38 @ 110 but that was with the headers un-capped.

A new torque converter would probably pick me up a 2 or 3 tenths...I might ask Santa for one this winter :cool:

What are the dates for the Seattle and Bremerton events?

I caught some of the posts from the Bremerton race last year on the turbo and the V8 Buick boards, sounded like a great event.

Um lets see, the Seattle race is Sept. 18th, and the Bremerton race is Sept. 25th. One right after the other, obviously. I don't know how many folks are going to the Seattle race, but I bet alot will be going to the Bremerton one. I know I won't be racing at either, but I want to go to both :(
damn foot.. :mad:

BOP at Pacific Raceways is on Sunday Sept 19th, not the 18th. I don't know anyone going to Pacific Raceways. If anyone is they need to speak up. We are gunning for Bremerton on the 25th. I think some Canadians might be coming to Bremerton.

Double check that date at Pacific Raceways, Dennis. The track's web site still states BOP on Saturday, Sept 18th. Won't matter since most of us won't be there as you mentioned.

Definitely looking forward to Bremerton for my first time there. Hoping for new personal best times due to better traction, cooler weather, and more fine tuning.

Pacific Raceways calendar that was handed out at the track says that Sat. Sept. 18th is all high school drags and Sun. Sept 19th is BOP. If there is some place that says it's different, then there will be some confused people, because there have to be a lot of people with these printed calendars.

Originally posted by turbov6truck
Um lets see, the Seattle race is Sept. 18th, and the Bremerton race is Sept. 25th. One right after the other, obviously. I don't know how many folks are going to the Seattle race, but I bet alot will be going to the Bremerton one. I know I won't be racing at either, but I want to go to both :(
damn foot.. :mad:

DOH!!! We're at the sand dunes the weekend of the 25th.

I think Pat could get some hand controls installed for you by then...no feet required :cool:

Hmmmm.. now that's a thought.. I guess I wouldn't have to worry about having hands for steering.. the Buick drives like a Caddy and it'll go in a straight line, no problem :D
It's not like it's a 9 or 10 second car, LOL They get kinda squirrelly from what I understand, don't they, guys ;)
Nah, I'm dangerous even not using my feet. Too many gadgets to watch, (like I have alot to watch, LOL, well possibly a latte) ...then I have to use my hands on top of it???? OMG. :eek:
I think I'll be just fine with Pat driving the car. Besides, the Buick has a better chance of winning with him in the car LOL know what I mean? :p

Originally posted by DEL
DOH!!! We're at the sand dunes the weekend of the 25th.

I think Pat could get some hand controls installed for you by then...no feet required :cool:
Dave I just went riding for the first time in months on Mon. and Im one sore SOB:D But it felt good to get back on the bike now that I have medical ins. again. I refuse to ride without it because I've stacked myself up to many times.

Originally posted by JP87GN
Dave I just went riding for the first time in months on Mon. and Im one sore SOB:D But it felt good to get back on the bike now that I have medical ins. again. I refuse to ride without it because I've stacked myself up to many times.

Good to hear you're back up on 2 wheels! I took the paddle and sand-frontrunner off of my KTM on Sunday. I "HAD" to take it for a test ride down the street. A 4th gear wheelie really got my attention! :eek:

I hope to get it out on the trails again soon...I need the practice!