Won't Start 1st try?

camino70

I have recently cleaned my fuel system with the exception of my injectors, I had gunk in the gas tank. My car began to not start on its first attempt, sometimes takes two or three tries. Once it starts it's fine and my fuel pressure is around 40lbs with the key on before I crank. I am also seeing some knock retard sometimes at part throttle and always knock retard at wot. Should I pull my injectors and have them cleaned/flowed? Is there anything else I could be looking for?

TIA

Ron

mine used to take 2wice to start every time till i got a new fuel pump and hotwire(walbro). before it had some generic replacemant pump.

I just replaced the pump with a walbro and it is hot wired. What do you guys think about the injectors?
Ron

camino70, I think you should pull the injectors & have them checked out. If they are stock injectors you might want to think about upgrading them since you'll have them out anyway.:)

If you haven't already done so, I'd flush out your fuel lines real good as well. They could have some of that gunk in them.

Thanks Carolina!

I ran a few gallons of gas through the fuel lines and into a can when I had the tank dropped, is there anything else I can do to clean out the rails? I just pulled the injectors (009's) and am sending them out to get cleaned and flowed. Hopefully this will help my starts and knock. I'll keep everyone posted.

Ron

Alrighty then.:)

I suppose you could blow some compressed air through the lines if you want. Couldn't hurt.;)