Won't Pass CA Emmissions

I would rather pay the extra money for a pre-smog than have my name and / or vehicle # on record at the DMV & Smog Stations as a failure. Just good plain insurance. Just my personal opinion though.

I would rather pay the extra money for a pre-smog than have my name and / or vehicle # on record at the DMV & Smog Stations as a failure. Just good plain insurance. Just my personal opinion though.

same here Gary. haven't had to get my buick smogged yet but its coming i know. the guy i go to with my other cars doesn't charge for the pre test if you bring back to him for the test.

Haha!! That's my next choice!!!

Sounds good guys, thank you for all the help and suggestions. I will have to lower the FP and see if I can get it to Lou's shop for a test. My registration is already lapsed so I gotta go wait in line for a little temp registration now :( ... As Lou mentioned I am sure the timing chain has lost its tension in the timing chain as well. That has been something on my list for a long time, maybe now is my opportunity to change it....

I did not change the FP. It was still set at 45 off-line.

if you look at my post above #7, that is exactly what i suggested all along, lower the damn FP and you should be able to pass with flying colors, BTW, you cannot lower the fuel pressure with the TT chip, it has to be done at the FP regulator the old fashion way, LOL, you can also bump the timing just a tad by a degree or so that should also help bring the numbers down a bit while taking the test on the dyno..

Let me know if you still need my help.. ;)