Wiring

The_Six

Hey guys I'm trying to get parts together to put my my 3.8 in my 68 fire bird and was wondering g what everyone is doing for wiring I was thinking of using a fast system or a stock system with translator. Any suggestions on what would be the easier route would be great .

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

the stock engine harness only needs power added at a few locations to operate , i used one for a 70 chevy pickup and basically spliced into the wires at the driverside , theres three fusable links in the harness , use 1 for power in to fuse box and ign switch , used a switched source coming from the vehicle to relays hotwired off the other fusable link power feeds to run the inj/coilpack ,and the pump
only other thing you need is to connect the starter relay and lamp for the generator to charge (goes to gen idiot lamp ), inside the car the ecm gets connected
the other connector by ecm thats for the dash only needs a 12v switched source , ground , the ground signal from a brake switch if you want lockup and has output for scanmaster

caspers electronics should be able to do hybrid harness as a standalone. if youdecide to go fast classic i have a casper standalone harness that i was going to use in my 69 firebird that i may part with

Doesn't sound to bad I was really thinking of selling off all the stuff I have now and going g with a fast system to make things easier let me know if you decide to sell the wiring for the fast.

I'm not a FAST guy but I'm pretty sure you still need a factory harness. I think the vendors sell a conversion pigtail that plugs into the factory harness. Caspers sells a complete harness specifically for hybrids, just needs a hot off the battery.

p.s. I'm doing a 68 Camaro so we should compare notes. I have a build thread below titled 1st Gen F Body.

Ya I seen you build thread looks great I actually think after seeing yours I'm going to go twin turbo I think it may help with steering clearances . And I think I can make the ram air hood I have work with the turbos

I'm not a FAST guy but I'm pretty sure you still need a factory harness. I think the vendors sell a conversion pigtail that plugs into the factory harness. Caspers sells a complete harness specifically for hybrids, just needs a hot off the battery.

p.s. I'm doing a 68 Camaro so we should compare notes. I have a build thread below titled 1st Gen F Body.

the harness i have is the hybrid harness setup for fast
fast classic which usually will have the precision jump harness plugs into the stock ecm connectors , so you need to have the wiring setup to work with an ecm first using a stock engine harness

Right now I have a translator pro and a wide band I had planed on using but I misplaced the stock wiring harness in the move to Florida

I am Using a classic fast bank to bank. I have a stock harness and a Casper adaptor, but the more I look at it I am not going to use either and will just scratch build it with all new connectors and wiring. I just finished building my engine mounts and trans crossmember for my Apollo which is the same subframe as yours. I need to post some updated pics in my build thread, see project GSiX.

Cool I'll check it out I'm hoping to start making my engine mounts this week end for mine