wiring help??

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
Right now I have stock front speakers running off the radio. Rear speakers are pioneer 4x10's running off an autotek amp. I just ordered cerwin vega 6x9's for the rear and 5 1/4 for the kick panel pods. I'd like to run both 6x9's and 5 1/4 off the amp. The amp is a two channel. How would I wire these speakers together?
Of course I'd like the right side kick panel speakers and right rear to be together and same for left side. I believe these speakers are all 4ohm. The amp is rated at 100 watts, 800 bridged.

Is the amp 2 ohm stable? What brand, model #? It would sound much better if you did run all 4 speakers on the amp. Having the majority of power (sound) coming from the back is an old out dated idea. If you can only run 2 speakers with the amp, I'd put the power on the front speakers and power the 6 x 9's with the radio power. Bottom line you need to develop a front stage.

Autotek mean machine AMX 100.2 2x50w/4ohms, 2x400/1ohm, 1x800/2ohms. I'd like to use this amp right for once. I had 2 12" vegas hooked to this amp thinking I was getting 400 watts per speaker but turned out after giving the vegas to my sister to use and hearing and seeing how they sounded and were hooked up in her car that I was only getting 50 watts per speaker. I know someone is gonna say hook them in series or parellel, if you do say this your gonna have to be more specific with me :).

Originally posted by GNandTTA
I'd put the power on the front speakers and power the 6 x 9's with the radio power. Bottom line you need to develop a front stage.

I agree with GNandTTA on wiring the amp this way. You want to have a good front stage with just a little rear fill .

To parallel you will put the kick panel speakers + to the + of the dash speaker and the - of the kick panel speaker to the - of the dash speaker and repeat this to other side to create a 2 ohm stereo load which will make the amp deliver more power but the lower impedence you go, the more clarity will diminish.

To series you will wire the + of the amp speaker out to the + of the kick panel speaker and from the kick panel speaker - , you will go to the dash speaker + and from the dash speaker - you will run back to amp speaker out - and repeat this to the other side to create an 8 ohm load on each side. This will lessen the amps output power but will sound much cleaner in a high impedence load.

either way will work, those are just the pros and cons of series and parallel wiring. I would try the 2 ohm load version (parallel) and see how it sounds, good luck.