gnutlass

I just installed an 85 GN setup in my Cutlass. I got the harness
second hand and two wires are cut. I'm trying to identify the
wires, my diagrams are no help.

1- On the back of the motor, by the knock sensor, I have a real fat
solid black wire probably 14 guage.

2- On the front of the motor, where the harness goes under the
ignition module, a small dark brown wire, 18 guage wire is cut. I
think it may hook to the alternator to feed the dash's idiot light.

By the way, I have two harnesses and neither have the standard GM two wire alternator plug. Puzzling?

Also, where do the two small water lines lead to on the front of the motor, just under the turbo. Do they go to bottom of the throttle body? If so, why?

Thanks, Brew
:confused:

I'm not sure about your cut wires but, the wire for the alt has a plug with a short wire that has a loop end on it. This plugs into the alt and you screw the loop to the stud on the alt. This also makes the dash light work. You should also have a wire from the battery that also attaches to the stud on the alt.

85 wiring harness ?

I can't recall any wires terminating near the knock sensor other than the black ground wire that fastens to the firewall approx. centered, should have a ring terminal on it.
The brown wire up near the coil pack/module connects to the alternator.
The two small diameter water lines from the heater hard lines were designed to warm the throttle body. Unde certain conditions of temp. and humidity you could get icing. I live in the frozen north and have mine disconnected this will be the second year and so far so good. :)
HTH
Peter