Wiring a 79 ESC without a harness

Turbobug

I'm ready to hook up the 1979 vintage ESC to my V6 turbopowered 59 Bugeye Sprite. This is going to an after-market ignition system harness, not a stock Buick harness. The connection to the distributor is a no brainer since the ESC has the connector plug to fit up to the input plug on the distributor. The knock sensor is also easy since it hooks right into the wiring from the ESC with a special connection.

I'm left with two wires, one pink and one purple. The wiring diagram that Charlie recommended from BEFORE BLACK Website "Knock Knock" article shows the pink wire going to the same fused positive circuit that feeds the battery terminal on the distributor from the ignition switch through the engine harness connector. I hooked that one up.

The purple wire looks like it goes to a relay fed from the same positive circuit that feeds the s terminal on the starting motor. Does that sound right? Do these ESCs get two positive inputs? Is the relay setup standard - 30 to the input from the s terminal circuit, 86 to the ignition switch, 85 to ground and 87 to the ESC? Will a fusible link potect this circuit sufficiently or should I run it through a fuse.

I'd hate to see a curl of smoke rising from the very rare ESC unit when I flick on the ignition switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'd run a fuse to it myself so that in the event of to much power I'd just have to replace the fuse instead of fixing wiring. Everything else sounds about right but you might want to PM Rich (B4Black himself) about it.

Thanks. I'm planning to try to match the wiriring diagram this week to see if I get smoke :( or spark :) .