windows XP question

FlyinGN

all show no go
a quick Windows XP question..
In the task bar, most of my icons (aol, weatherbug and a few others) removed themselves from currant items to past items. HOW do I get them back to currant items so that they come back into view on my taskbar?

Thanks

Right click the task bar in an open area - select properties. Uncheck the box "hide inactive icons"

You are talking about when the icons near the clock endup getting hidden with an arrow that you have to click for it to slide over and reveal the icons right?

If not, I will need more detail.

No, a reboot is not required.

nope Todd. That is easily changed by making the icon hidden or not on the sett you jsut told me about. IM talking on the same setting, click the HIDE INACTIVE ICONS box and then click COSTOMIZE.. see where the customize notifications table is? On top there is a place for current items(icons) and on the bottom a place for past items(icons). My current items just moved BY THEMSELVES to past items and I have no idea how to move em back to cuttent items.

hMMM. On mine, when I click under "name" for an item under past items, I get a drop down box which lets me change the setting.

Now if you mean - how do I get a "past Iem" to go up to "current items" - that simply means the program is not currently running in memory. Run the program in question, and then it will appear in "current items"

Is that it????

I run XP home version and I've got a desktop icon for "unused desktop icons"[a little folder thingy on my desktop].
Is that the one?
I think you can restore them from there by right clicking on the icon in the folder.