Will door speakers make a significant improvement in sound?

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I'm not real happy with the way the stereo sounds. As of now I have a Pioneer CD player with built in EQ with Polk 3.5's up front and Polk 6X9's in the rear.

It seems there's no real definition in sound. The 6X9's sort of do their thing and the 3.5's play too much highs. There's not much in between.

I'm wondering if a set of door speakers would fill in the missing link? The car didn't come with the concert sound option. So either I'll have to source up the lower halves or find someone selling some gbodyfarts lower door panels.

I need something to be heard over the 3 inch exhaust which is staying. You can only turn it up so loud but still. I don't thin an amp would be of much help. It still seems like it's missing something.

Please give me some insights on this. Comparison and contrast of door speakers vs. no door speakers.

Thanks.

Upgrading rear speakers is kind of a waste. They are just fill. I had a few friends that built some competition sound systems and they had no rear speakers at all. Ur true sound stage comes from up front. A good mid driver in the doors will improve ur sound quite a bit tho.

Although, the speakers locations are kind of low up front and not really angled correctly so unless u put a good set of seperates with tweeters in the doors at the correct height ur gonna be limited to improving the sound greatly.

Placing tweeters in the dash is an option but I did that several years ago and it just didnt sound quite right.

What I was thinking. The rear speakers are sort of muddy sounding IMO. They even have separate tweeters.

I saw someone that put in the door panels from gbodyfarts and added a tweeter near where the power door lock switch would go. I'm guessing that would be somewhat idea?

Upgrading rear speakers is kind of a waste. They are just fill. I had a few friends that built some competition sound systems and they had no rear speakers at all. Ur true sound stage comes from up front. A good mid driver in the doors will improve ur sound quite a bit tho.

Although, the speakers locations are kind of low up front and not really angled correctly so unless u put a good set of seperates with tweeters in the doors at the correct height ur gonna be limited to improving the sound greatly.

Placing tweeters in the dash is an option but I did that several years ago and it just didnt sound quite right.

Well said and 100% correct. I built my system around a good set of 6.5in components up front then everything else came after.

I put a set of components up front. 5.25" in the doors and tweeds where the dash speakers were. Some people say that is not the correct location for tweeters but they sound great to me especially compared tr after market 5.25 full range & 3.5's I had before. an aftermarket head unit or amp will be a big improvement w ur 6x9's too

Thanks. I'm actually considering removing the 3.5's and leaving the dash empty and instead just running door speakers with tweeters in the door panel and 6X9's in the rear unless you think I should leave the 3.5's.

I just got finish upgrading my system.... I ran 3.5 infinity kappa in the dash & four 4"inch infinity kappa in the rear... & it is so clear....