Why is Golfing so EXPEN$IVE

For that kind of money your not just buying golf but an exclusive place. You know, a place that keeps out the hackers wearing cut-offs and tank-tops and only allows hackers wearing green sans-a-belts and non-coordinated IZOD shirts.
I only play golf 8-10 times a year due to the cost - from $60 - $125 a round. Heck, a season pass for skiing at Breckenridge, Keystone and A-Basin only cost me $608 for the entire family!

Golfing there is pretty expensive. I would guess that the "equity" buy in of $75,000 is not too bad for your state. Annual fees of $5,000 a year probably include dining room minimums etc.

Lot's of $$ to pretty much guarantee access and no hillbilly's golfing in cutoffs and tank tops. :D

Depending on your age, you can join a club as a junior member if you are under 35 for a lot less up front.

I looked into joining a club and it was $10K one time and like $350 a month greens fees and dining minimum built in. But with two kids in diapers I will not have the time to justify the expense for a couple of years. :rolleyes:

Golf is a pretty expensive sport. I would rather pay more to play a round at my pace though than to play a cheap 5hr plus round.
That drives me nuts! :mad:

Almost time to get the stiicks out around here!!!!!!

:D :D :D

when my grand dad died he left me 2 blocks of stock to blue hills golf course. i used to play alot but when he died i just aint had the heart to go back. when ww2 was over it was his idea to get the course re-opened but he never got the credit for it instead the guy who opened the first "proshop" did :rolleyes: to get back on track, all you need to play at the club for basically free is stock,if you dont have stock its pricey thow, i only have to pay cart fees if i want to play and that is like 15 bucks.

one of the reasions besides my grand dads death that i dont play any more is durring the summers the locals were useing the golf course as a "day care" for the kids. after getting hit 2se and nearly wraping a 9 iron around some smart ass punks neck i got fed up.

its all about the Reno Hilton aqua range deal.

get a bucket of balls, rent a few clubs, and look like a fool for 30 mins to an hour. for under 20 dollars. don't have to worry about fetching balls, or walking around some stupid course deal. even get a nice splash once and a while.

hit the driving range, then go play some mini-golf. its loads of fun if you have "golfing fever" or something.

I just golfed in Maui 2 weeks ago and it only cost $780.00 for 4 of us with 2 bag rentals. That's cheap, right? :rolleyes:

Hey Moose, Rocko! Help the Judge find his checkbook!"

5 Hour rounds? If your lucky. Play in a tournament sometime. Minimum of $100 and a guaranteed 6 hour round. Range balls are like prostitutes, you have it, you sell it, you still have it. $6.00 for square golf balls. What a deal!!!! Don't get me wrong, I have a set of graphite X-14's and know how to use them but I shake my head everytime I spend money at a golf course Some days it is a colossal waste of time, never mind money. Drew:rolleyes:

AH CADDYSHACK - WHAT A movie!

I play once last year in Harwich port.. You need a helmet & a shield to play this 9 hole course.

Took my son 1st time ever.. He played better than the 2 hackers they matched us up with.

I went late about 4:30:pm so we finished up at 6:30 typical 2 hours:rolleyes:

I play golf 2 times a year.. I shot 46 last year which is not bad using an incomplete set of clubs.
I tee off with 3 wood with fiberglass shaft.
I use ginty in fairways.
I only carry 5,7,pw irons..

I feel the less clubs I use the better I play with less confusion.

They want $50,000 to join the golf club at the country club I live at +$350.00 month + food minimums. Hell, I might join if they let me drive my ATV and Snowmobile on the course. What you failed to mention is you get some / all / or more of that back when you leave. If membership raised to $100,000.00 you just made a nice profit.

Joe

helmet and a shield

good one! Harwichport....wow! I didn't even know they were still a golf course. I figured there would be houses on it by now. Yeah that place is tight. If you don't get hit with a ball you run the risk of getting hit by a car!!!! Public golf course golf is very expensive. Do you remember what Harwichport porked 'ya for? Drew

I think it was $18 or $20 each. I can't remember.

Of course one of the local folks standing there was laughing at me because he said SEPT 1st they lower the prices after the tourists leave. :D

Played ROUND HILL off exit 3 I think it was exit 3?

YOU NEED A MONSTER TRUCK FOR THAT PLACE.. :eek:

YOU NEED A MONSTER TRUCK FOR THAT PLACE

Urban legend has it that the original owners of that place, the Volpe's, fired the architects after the front nine was designed and designed the back nine themselves. They should have stuck to owning a golf course instead of building them. The Town Of Sandwich bought it three years ago and have been through alot of growing pains. Problem is when you put a dress on a pig , it's still a pig. That place will never be much of anything untill many of the holes are completely redesigned which is not likely to happen. I live less than 5 minutes from there and when I do play it is last on my list to go to. There are only two holes that are any good. Some brainwave "redesigned" the 18th making it a par 4 (it used to be a 5 ) except there is a 40 foot oak tree 50 yards directly in front of the green. The only thing missing is you don't have to putt into the clowns mouth on that hole! :rolleyes: Drew

SO that explains ROUND HILL!:rolleyes:

I will stick to Bass River CC. I can walk to it from the inlaws.

Can't wait to hit those cape cruise nights.
Bourne & CC mall

Can't wait to hit those cape cruise nights.

My boss is big on those . I never been to one, I just don't have the time. I do understand the cruise nights around here are very well attended. Bass River is one of four courses the town of Yarmouth owns. You can join three of the four for around $550 for the year, if you live in the town. Now your talking! Yarmouth's courses aren't the best either but you sure can walk them. Try Hyannis from the tips. One of the best tracks around. Plays the longest 6,700 yards that I know of. A good friend of mine holds the course record there. A sweet 64. Drew