Who has done this before?

I went just the opposite!! I swapped a LS motor into my 67 Firebird last year and got tired of being like everyone else and swapped my car over a to a 10 second 109 set up this year! There are no less than 30 turbo LSx motored cars in my area but less than 5 turbo Buick powered cars. I don't have a problem with LSx motors other than in another 2 or 3 years there will be nothing but LS motors in everything but I personally think that a GN minus the turbo 6 is just another G body. Some cars get there identity from the the car itself while others are based around the drivetrain and I think a GN falls into the second category. The cars were just black Regals with few changes but the turbo 6 is what made them famous. I think a Syclone would fall into the same category. I have seen a Syclone converted to 2wd with a LS motor in it and at that point its just a V8 S10 to me. I understand that there is a point where the V6 just can't get the job done(like heads up shootout style racing) but if a 10 second car is the goal than the v6 can get you there reliably. I drove my 10.60 T-Type on the Power Tour twice with no issues at all. It covered 1700 miles one year and 2300 the next without issue with the A/C running. With that being said its your car and you can go as you wish afterall I am sure that there are some Ponitac purist that would like to execute me for a having a GN motor in a origianl 67 Firebird Sprint!!

i am seeing the same thing over here in just about anything with 4 wheels you can find an LS motor in it.
Like Ive said before the LS stuff is nice but the WOW factor is LONG gone.

that said i am considering putting an LS engine into my brothers convertible 68.

I went just the opposite!! I swapped a LS motor into my 67 Firebird last year and got tired of being like everyone else and swapped my car over a to a 10 second 109 set up this year! There are no less than 30 turbo LSx motored cars in my area but less than 5 turbo Buick powered cars. I don't have a problem with LSx motors other than in another 2 or 3 years there will be nothing but LS motors in everything but I personally think that a GN minus the turbo 6 is just another G body. Some cars get there identity from the the car itself while others are based around the drivetrain and I think a GN falls into the second category. The cars were just black Regals with few changes but the turbo 6 is what made them famous. I think a Syclone would fall into the same category. I have seen a Syclone converted to 2wd with a LS motor in it and at that point its just a V8 S10 to me. I understand that there is a point where the V6 just can't get the job done(like heads up shootout style racing) but if a 10 second car is the goal than the v6 can get you there reliably. I drove my 10.60 T-Type on the Power Tour twice with no issues at all. It covered 1700 miles one year and 2300 the next without issue with the A/C running. With that being said its your car and you can go as you wish afterall I am sure that there are some Ponitac purist that would like to execute me for a having a GN motor in a origianl 67 Firebird Sprint!!

I think the weak link of having the best of both worlds, is the transmission. I have a Forged/Girdled/ 109 that runs 9.90 to 10.16 everytime. I drive it every weekend I get. But..it has a nicely built TH400 by PTC. So yea, highway travel tests my patience. I have ran this motor pretty hard for over a year. The reliability has surprised me. When I go out driving I bet I stab it 10 times before getting back home.

I just think the 2004R is the week link to making a high horsepower street Buick V6. At least with the LS motors you can go 4L60E, which is OK, or the 4l80E which is awesome (overdrive).

I just love the buzz of the V6 at 6300!!! But I do wish I had overdrive.

I think the weak link of having the best of both worlds, is the transmission. I have a Forged/Girdled/ 109 that runs 9.90 to 10.16 everytime. I drive it every weekend I get. But..it has a nicely built TH400 by PTC. So yea, highway travel tests my patience. I have ran this motor pretty hard for over a year. The reliability has surprised me. When I go out driving I bet I stab it 10 times before getting back home.

I just think the 2004R is the week link to making a high horsepower street Buick V6. At least with the LS motors you can go 4L60E, which is OK, or the 4l80E which is awesome (overdrive).

I just love the buzz of the V6 at 6300!!! But I do wish I had overdrive.

I have seen some pretty dependable high 9 second 200r4's but you can also install a 4l80E if you wanted in your turbo Buick. It has been done and some guys here on the board have them. I have a turbo 400 with a GV overdrive in my car and I like it and its basically bulletproof at the level of performance my car has.