White in the bumper guard

The correct rub strip hasn't been available for a long time. It's not uncommon to see one with white in the rub strip. Mine did when I got it, and I know it's a real GN. It's been smacked in the front before 'cause it has a white header panel (underneath).

Jim

Real GN

Did you leave the white in the bumper guard? I'm not splitting hairs, just curious. Drew:)

Re: Real GN

Originally posted by Drew L
Did you leave the white in the bumper guard? I'm not splitting hairs, just curious. Drew:)

I did until I realized it wasn't supposed to be there. Then I scraped it off. It comes off pretty easy. If you don't know, though, you wouldn't question it.

Jim

pop a few quarters into the spray wash near your house and put the nozzle really close to the white, high pressure that crap off..

reminds me of whitewall tires... ugleee :)

That's one of the first things I did to my T: scrape off the white. Funny how some people pay attention to detail. Other than that the pictures look outstanding.

that white crap shows up in pictures like you would not believe! i took a few pics when my car was straight out of the body shop and the white crap is blindingly white against the completely black car.. its horrible. on a car with chrome bumpers im sure it would barely be noticed, but on a blacked out T, WE4, or GN, it gets a big thumbs down.

Also m missing the air damns. Bet it was hit, Paint looks too good to be original too

I know this is a 87 but I know my buddy had an 86 with the white strip. He took delivery in March 86, I think. I always made fun of that white strip in the bumper :) This was a brand new GN that he ordered.

My 87 that I owned didn't have it. I bought that one from him. He ordered that car also back in the summer of 87.

So I know of at least one completely original GN that got the white strip.