White 86 GN

musicawal

Hello all, Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself as I have not yet been able to make a post yet due to some issues confirming my account here. Anyways I am the new/proud owner of a 86 GN. This is my second one I owned back in high school which wasn't all that long ago for me approx 8yrs ago. My first was a 87 with 52,000 unmolested miles on it. As a high schooler you can probably imagine I did not truly appreciate what I had and it didn't help that the car was my daily driver either. I ended up getting rid of the car after an accident it was involved in and have been wanting one ever since. I decided that the next one would not be original and would still be a driver for a couple days a week. I found an "okay" deal on this 86, I saw it on the side of the road at a "buy here pay here" car lot. The owner had no idea what he had. The car came with absolutely no information and since my first GN was all original I wasn't too familiar with all that was done to this car. It has taken a lot of research and thanks to this and other sites and there search functions I have been able to find out a little about it. A few locals have also been instrumental in helping me. Now for a few details... This is a 86GN that has been painted white, stripped of all decals and excess trim, has GNX wheels, and an 87 grill. From the research I've learned that this car was built at KDK performance approx 4-5yrs and 30,000ish miles ago but I'm still trying to track down a build sheet. Bigger heads, roller motor, not sure of turbo size but told 63 or 67 Precision so far. Alky, MAF Gen II, 3in exhaust, headers, 3in downpipe, external wastegate, 72lb inj, fuel pump? and hotwire kit, etc.... The car is quick and I love every minute I'm in it. With the web and all your help I'm slowly learning some things about working on these cars and loving every minute of it! For the bigger things though I am seeking the help from others. The car is currently being worked on by one of the members here but I am unsure of his handle here. JD if you read this thanks again! He's replacing posi unit, tuning, etc... Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and hope to get some pics up of my new baby real soon and thanks in advance for all the help you have and will provide!

Andrew

New Image.jpg

This is the only Pic I have right now. It was taken the say I brought her home 2 months ago. When I get it back from the shop I'll take more.

WElcome to the site brother! This is Jeremy, the guy on vacation that stopped by to look at the car! I'm glad you made it here to research the site! Keep in touch and it was nice meeting you while i was in Siesta Keys! -----Jeremy:biggrin:

Thanks man it's good to be here! If you come back dont just swing by the fire station we'll get some beers instead!

welcome to the board.. Great looking car. I love the white ones.
Bring it out to the cruise-ins. I usually hit the ones in Bradenton. One is at Hooters the other is down the road at a pizza joint. Can't think of the name right now.