Which PST front end kit

dyermullet

I need to rebuild my front suspension, because the control arm bushings are melted from the DP, and the car is out of alignment anyways, so I might as well do the whole thing before getting it realigned.

I plan on getting a poly graphite kit from pst, but my question is do I need the front end kit, or the super front end kit.

My car only has 109,000 miles, do I really need to replace the upper shafts?

$219 vs $359 is a big difference in price, and I would rather just do the regualr front end kit.

Also does anyone have any websites documenting the procedure or just showing pictures? I love reaidng writeups

Scott

Best prices are at powerperformance, just as 84 stated. I got the rubber super front end kit.

How do i know if I need the superfront end kit?

What is the reason to use the superfront end kit as opposed to the regular front end kit.

Scott

There are more parts in the super kit, that's all. No difference in quality.

Just finish replacing my front end suspension using the super build kit from powerperformancemotorsport 2 weeks ago.. it was $285 shipped:D

Scott, I did some similar research with my front end rebuild from PST. I did the work myself, but don't remember all the details/parts, but here's my advice.

You can get the regular kit and just buy the outer tie rod arms at a local store seperately and cheaper. And no, I don't think you need a new upper shafts. I was lucky enough to have a Buick friend sandblast all the front end pieces, and I painted them with the POR 15. I think the bigger kit is overpriced.

Here is a thread with some good info:
Front End Kit Advice

Thanks TIM

Thanks tim that was the answer I was looking for.
But I think i have changed my mind, I think I am going to stay with rubber, because I want to keep the ride quality, and I don't want the chance of squeaks.

I am just going to take it in for an alignment and ask what is woreout, then take it home fix it and take it back in.

Also now I don't have the money for a whole poly kit, I don't know if Ramin told you what happened or not, but I am currently spending the poly kit money on 4 new tires.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~strebs/tireblowout/tireblowout.html

I was driving on I-65 and then boom, the left front tire, and the car went right into the grass median.
The tires only had less then 9,000 miles on them. I had looked them over and I didn't see any dryrot or anything like that. I didn't run over anything that I saw. After I changed the tire I had walked back and looked but didn't see anything in the road.

It was a wild ride.

Scott
Originally posted by tim87tr
Scott, I did some similar research with my front end rebuild from PST. I did the work myself, but don't remember all the details/parts, but here's my advice.

You can get the regular kit and just buy the outer tie rod arms at a local store seperately and cheaper. And no, I don't think you need a new upper shafts. I was lucky enough to have a Buick friend sandblast all the front end pieces, and I painted them with the POR 15. I think the bigger kit is overpriced.

Here is a thread with some good info:
Front End Kit Advice

I just reread my post and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replies, didn't want it to sound like I thought the rest of you are worthless.

OK, so you bought Ramin's car. He told me Scott from Purdue had bought it. I graduated from Purdue in 1990.

I bought the regular stock replacement rubber kit also after reading about the squeaks of the poly, although some people have better luck. I can tell you that a car I just bought makes noticeable noise with the rear 4 link poly bushings, but I've never had a car with the front poly.

Next time I visit everyone in W. Laf, we'll give you a call. I haven't been on campus for at least 10 years, and would like to check out the new buildings and Engineering area.

I hope to grad sometime too, but at my current rate I don't know when that is going to be.

Originally posted by tim87tr
OK, so you bought Ramin's car. He told me Scott from Purdue had bought it. I graduated from Purdue in 1990.

I bought the regular stock replacement rubber kit also after reading about the squeaks of the poly, although some people have better luck. I can tell you that a car I just bought makes noticeable noise with the rear 4 link poly bushings, but I've never had a car with the front poly.

Next time I visit everyone in W. Laf, we'll give you a call. I haven't been on campus for at least 10 years, and would like to check out the new buildings and Engineering area.

ok guys i have a problem and i dont know what exactly it couls be here it goes my car rides smooth but once i go up a drive way or speedbump or somekind of bump that makes the move it squeaks? what is causinf it to squeak? springs? shocks? bushing what is it thans for any info

I just wanted to first apologize for our site being down. Our tech guy is working to fix the problem. Second, thanks to everyone for showing so much support! As a token of our appreciation, you may notice that we still haven't changed the sale price that was supposed to go back to $300 from $285 over a month ago ;)