which chip is "more" emissions pass-able

channer

Hi All

I have three bluetop chips, (Thrasher, Jay Carter variable timing, Red Armstrong)... which of my three chips do you think is more emissions pass-able? Would turning down the fuel pressure up?

thanks in advance... dave

btw... I have no emissions chip unless someone has one to sell for me

Whichever one has functioning EGR code in it assuming you still have all that stuff on the car to take advantage of it. :)

Obviously a good cat. too.

If you have direct scan one of the screens will tell you when EGR is commanded, it's not on all the displays.

I had an old modern musclecar chip that still had EGR code in it for my Bosch 42lb. inj. and it helped me pass easily. :cool:

I wouldn't touch the fuel pressure and doubt it will help you assuming it's set near 42-45 psi. where most chips recommend it.

The Thrasher won't work because of the open loop Idle.
the other two might work, I don't know if they have EGR function or not.

I believe Eric at Turbotweak.com and Scott Simpson (scott231@juno.com) both sell emissions chips fairly inexpensively.

HTH
David

My car with bluetops passes the Massachusetts dyno test with a run of the mill Jay Carter chip. Yes it does have a cat on it when tested.

Thanks guys for the response...

Everything is pretty much stock, new 3" cat convertor and FP is set to 45 psi. I'm running the Thrasher chip now. I don't have Direct Link, just scanmaster.

Besides the EGR setting in the chips, is there anything I can do. Would getting my BLM & INT to 128 help? The Thrasher runs at 128 but I can never get the JC & RA chips tuned to 128.

I'll try the Eric or Scott of an emission ship!!

thanks again... david