where's governor at ?

national

when looking at trans on lift,where is governor located,i need to check & see if spring came off mine,it shifts late,but at full throttle shifts early if that makes any since.
first time posting on new board,surprised to see my old name was still availble,guess everyone was saving it for me hahaha!!
Brian

Drop the pan and you will see at the back end of the tranny a cover with four 13mm bolts. It is above that.

You may want to check you TV adjustment first: To adjust the TV Cable skip the book method and do this: Press the D button on the adjuster and loosen the cable setting. Now, have someone floor the gas pedal while you check to see if the throttle plate is open all the way. Usually they are off a little and will wiggle. Do whatever you have to do to get it open solid. Now, with the pedal still floored, press the D button and pull the cable casing (the black tube) back as hard as you can and release the button. You now have the engine, tranny and gas pedal all in sync at WOT. Mark the cable so if for some reason it gets moved you can know where to put it again. The problem with the 'self adjust method' is that it bends things and puts them permanently out of whack. It is also the full TV setting, which is theoretically what the GM method does.