Where to get cat for TH downpipe?

#1HotRod

Finally TH downpipe arrived, & had it ceramicoated & got that #%old one off. Problem: The Houston pipe is quite longer & cat
won't fit. Stock cat is 181/2" & only 10" open space left. Even the test pipe w/ dump got with downpipe has to be cut down about 2" to fit, but real problem is the cat. In Ca. we MUST have a cat, the downpipe can't really be trimmed that much (to make room for stock cat) because of it's shape/bends, so what to do?
This must be a common problem. Hay Joe, how/where to get a good (preferrably 3-way) cat to fit with TH pipe???

FWIW & IMHO:
Terry Houston 2 parameter cat, may is not legal in Ca, but works great. Contact >gofastBuick< for better info.

I noticed the company Random Tech sells universal TWC in different lengths. Do not cut your THDP. IMHO, the length of the THDP provides the HP gains you'll soon experience. The ATR pipe is shorter and their cat works for me. Also, some of the vendors sell a TWC for the THDP, just cost some extra money.

Thnkxx Joe....you got it runnin' yet?
Gonna be at the (proposed) LACR run?...long ways for you but prob. worth seeing all that black (on cars & strip) in one place.

Originally posted by #1HotRod
Thnkxx Joe....you got it runnin' yet?
Gonna be at the (proposed) LACR run?...long ways for you but prob. worth seeing all that black (on cars & strip) in one place.

I've had a ATR DP on my car for quite some time and like it very much. The seat-of-the-pants dyno was very noticible compared to the installation of the dutt neck intercooler. I wish I could visit LACR this year, but our vacation plans are almost set in stone. So I'll probably just attend a few local car shows and that will do it for car stuff this year. I also want to try to make the west coast nantionals this year (but the car won't be with me).

I apologize for hijacking the thred.:D But couldnt help but ask what is the LACR run?
Also would you know of any events in or around the bay area that showcase alot of GNs? Aside from the Goodguys car show, is there anything else. I would really like to see fellow GN owners run at the track.
And possibly get some pointers. Thanks and sorry again for hijacking :D

No Problemo. Go back to main Message board & under Regional, enter SouthWest area. I know we're not SW, but guess Ca. doesn't count? Anyway, there's an entry 2/14/05 by HurstBuick whereas he's tryin organize a track meet at (LACR) Los Angeles track. Think he is Editor of Buick periodical, very knowledgeable. Unless I've missed something I havn't seen a consensus or schedule. I'd like to go even if not entering own car...PM or email me back if you learn something definate.
Meanwhile, I'm going nuts tryin find a good shop (very knowledgeable) to help me with/work on GN...any info? GN owners are lonley in Central Valley.

FWIW & IMHO:
In regards to a decent mechanic, contact Aaron Coen in Fresno and see if he can help you out in finding a good mechanic.

4coens@comcast.net

See everybody at LACR
Steve Hurst is president of the Buick Grand National Racing Assc.
(BGNRA)

Thanks for the LACR info. I wouldnt mind taking a trip down south to watch some GNs lay some rubber down. I also Know how you feel #1HotRod. Im having the same issues in the south bay, san jose area. What really sucks is when you think you found a really smart mechanic that claims they know how our cars work but just end up making the problem worse :mad: . DAMN them. Sorry about that just had to blow off some steam. But if any of you guys know a shop in my area please let me know. Thanks