Where to buy gears for an 8.5?

cherp22

I am trying to find some 4.10's for the 8.5. Who sells them? In Summit and Jegs all I can find are 30 spline rears and not a GN 28 spline?

Summit and Jegs only advertise about 60% of what they really carry. If you need something specific, give them a call. They have never not been able to find something for me.

4.10's for the 8.5" don't matter if it's 28 or 30 spline. Only the carrier and axles matter. If you have a 2.73 and up carrier, they all interchange. Only the lower (numerically) gears don't fit... 2.56 or 2.42 sets. Been there, done that.:D

Shick, Jeggs even sells ATR down pipes, turbonetics stuff, TurboSmart, etc. Also just added Eagle cranks for the 109.

I would not be surprised to find out they carry Championn stuff soon.

gears

i have a 12 bolt w/ 4.10s that i want to switch over to 3.42s or even 3.27s but I was under the impression that the carrier I have may or may not be suitable for the 3 series gears ?

I heard that some 4.10s can fit 3 series carriers while other's only the 4 series carriers. So I need to find out if i have the 3 series first ? does this mean i need a new posi unit - i hope not as its a brand new auburn posi in there.

GET WHATEVER NUMBERS YOU CAN OFF THE GEARS AND THE POSI UNIT.

THERE IS A 4.10 GEAR THATS EXTRA THICK FOR A 3 SERIES UNIT
THERE MAY ALSO BE A 4 SERIES UNIT THAT TAKES THE REGULAR THICKNESS 4 SERIES GEARS

HOPEFULLY YOU HAVE A 3 SERIES UNIT WIHT THE THICK GEARS AND THAT MEANS YOU CAN PUT 3 SERIES GEARS RIGHT IN.
UNLESS WHOEVER BOUGHT THE UNIT BOUGHT A 4 SERIES FOR THE 4.10 GEARS,THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE THE UNIT.