Where can i pull My Amp power Wire Through?

S

Scrub2k1

Im Trying to Install My Amp and Subs in the Trunk, but i can't find anywhere to pull the power throught the firewall, all the holes are sealed??? anyone have a full diagram for our cars or have a how to on this?? any help would be great.

Usually there is a plug somewhere along the firewall near the fuse panel, some cars ie imports will have rubber plugs along the pass side firewall. But... Sometime's ya just gotta make your own holes:D Either using a drill or an awl/punch. Back in the day if you were a d&2 or phone installer the Snap-on 6" Awl was your friend;)

I just did mine today and I discovered of you go on the passengers side (all the way) and drill a hole right next to the edge of the heater box, you can get to the wire behind the glove box. That way the wire is on the same side as the battery and you don't have to go across the whole engine compartment. It hides very well there.

chris

You can also run the power wire through the frame rails if you are running 8 AWG or larger but if you make a new hole, make sure that you install a grommet so you protect insulation from cuts.

Soon Frank........You will be one with power cable. Your mission will soon be complete "Grasshopper" ;)