Whats a good price to pay for a 9.5 ptc from a friend

turboc87gn

Darkside in Detroit
I got a friend that has a 9.5 ptc converter non lock up new in the box never used he wants $850 should i buy it or not? I have a precision te 63 im putting on so ill need a converter im running a stock one now... I gave him $200 on a used vigilante single disc and i was supposed to pay him the balance today of $250 but one of his kids stuck something down the converter so i cant buy it now the 9.5 is the other one he had he originally wanted $1000 for it....its a 3500 stall will it heat up if im crusing around? and What do i have to do to my tranny to use it since originally its a lock up..

Kind of a touchy situation being a purchase from a friend.

Offer what you think would be fair without you feel like you are screwing over your friend. Only thing he can say is no.

Then dont feel pressured into the more expensive converter since you were puting down payments on the lesser priced one that is no longer available. It is quite possible you can come to some compromise in price. If not then ask for your money back you put down and keep it amiable.

Kind of a touchy situation being a purchase from a friend.

Offer what you think would be fair without you feel like you are screwing over your friend. Only thing he can say is no.

Then dont feel pressured into the more expensive converter since you were puting down payments on the lesser priced one that is no longer available. It is quite possible you can come to some compromise in price. If not then ask for your money back you put down and keep it amiable.

If you are going to fork out that much money for a converter you might as well get a PTC built to YOUR specs.

I got a friend that has a 9.5 ptc converter non lock up new in the box never used he wants $850 should i buy it or not? I have a precision te 63 im putting on so ill need a converter im running a stock one now... I gave him $200 on a used vigilante single disc and i was supposed to pay him the balance today of $250 but one of his kids stuck something down the converter so i cant buy it now the 9.5 is the other one he had he originally wanted $1000 for it....its a 3500 stall will it heat up if im crusing around? and What do i have to do to my tranny to use it since originally its a lock up..

Get the part # off the converter and I'll tell you if it will work with your set-up.