whats a good chip for 36 lb injectors?

Thrasher 92 for Blue Tops. Works well, cheap. ($25) Can't go wrong, IMO.

Steve

Where can I get one for 25 bones?

I'd like to try one myself, as I'm running a JL and it only has 19 degrees timing (yawn). Does the Thrasher have more timing down low and less up top(30/20)?Or is it sraight across the board?:cool: Thanks!!!

I never ran the Thrasher with my Blues since that open loop idle is calibrated for lower elevations, but I ran just about all the rest of them.

The best overall drivability came from my Lubrant chips for Blues.

But if you really feel daring, and you are a bit of a timing pig, try the Ramchargers (MMC) 100 for the Blues.

Start low on the boost, 14 PSI, and walk it up slowly with a keen eye on retard. See what she will stand - but be careful.

I found that Ramchargers 100 to be absolutley evil :eek:

Originally posted by Mile Hi GN

I found that Ramchargers 100 to be absolutley evil :eek:

Evil ehh? How evil? My time below was done on a Jay Carter 93 street chip with 20*. I can get 100 octane gas at the pump here and 104 at the track, both unleaded, thats all the GN runs on. How much boost can this thing stand? I have been running 20-22 with 100 octane with no knock. Whats the timing? My car is in pretty good tune. Im looking to get some better ETs out of my car........w/o running 110 leaded and a race chip.

First...a coded message to my friend from California Top Secret...:)

Now...on with the reply.

Originally posted by 8UWITH6
Evil ehh? How evil?
As in consistently running within a tenth of my full boogie 108 and 110 race chips. Not just once - but for the entire 2000 racing season.

How much boost can this thing stand?
I could run about 18 PSI with the old Blue Top / PTE-44 combo, using pure 100 Octane UL and keep retard within spec. I don't get many chances for 3rd gear stuff on the street, mostly 1-2 WOT blasts.
Whats the timing?
Oh man.....I thought you would never ask :)

I was so impressed with the chip's street and track manners that I had a friend read all the particulars for me for future reference:
  • Timing was a whopping (Timing Pig, see above ;)) 30 degrees down low falling off to 24 degrees in third gear.
  • 100% Wastegate Duty Cycle.
  • Stingy on the low end fueling compared to my other 100 chips - quick spooler.
  • Injector constant was 32.3
  • Commanded idle was 788 RPM's.

The amazing thing was this chip also had the best idle BLM characteristics of any I had used - until I switched to the Extender for MSD 50's. The MMC 100 gave me 132-135 idle in Drive BLM's for as long as I used it. Nuts on, day after day, after day.
My car is in pretty good tune. Im looking to get some better ETs out of my car........w/o running 110 leaded and a race chip.
I keep mine in pretty good tune also, but let me suggest that my MMC 100 is a "race chip" in "street chip" clothing. Everytime I was flatted footed in 3rd with it I had race gas in the tank.

I'll never sell my old Blue Tops, I'll never sell my old PTE-44, I'll never sell that chip. Someday....I'm get to buy another Turbo Regal just so I can put that prized MMC 100 in it - freaking EVIL :)

Hope this helps,

Hey MIle HIGH !!

The evil chip is that their standard burn?,30/24 or can they do one like 30/20? I was running 20 lbs with a 1:4 ratio using 117 leaded Trick/91 pump, and as you said mostly 1-2 Wot Blasts, I would however get about 1-3 KR in 3rd a little timing off the top might help(can't afford to run 100% race gas). My wife is getting me a SMC ETOH set-up for our anniversary and this EVIL chip sounds likewhat I would want to try with Etoh injection, except with maybe a tad of timing off the top. I wasn't able to make it to Pueblo, but a group of guys from here went up ,they had a great time, you guys put on a good show. My best friend is Street King (aka Lee Sanchez) he said he had oppurtunity to meet and converse with you. Says you have a TRICK ride with every scan tool spitting out data. Said you ran high 11's a 11.87 or so. Thanks for answering the post. By the way what will that evil chip set a nice plump PIG back? I am a HIGH timing PIG, things just happen quicker when your cookin with bacon. I've hunted Russian boar with my little (12-17lbs.) Black Patterdale terriers (used on Badger,fox,coon,etc, BlackBadger is our kennel name) as well and let me tell you a 200-300lb boar can scoot/full tilt boogie (their quick for those short Blasts, just like the 1/4) and when them big Ivories/tusks are gleaming as they bear down on you and have you in their sights, only God knows how scared you are and for sure the woman who does your laundry, And you darn better have an honest dog or 2 you can trust !! LOL. BB (Jn.3:16)

Stock 87 GN T-top, 36's,stock turbo,Dutt-neck IC, HM cold-air Induction,dual bags,snubber,DSL, Accu-F FPR,hot-wired,Walbro-340, 14"K&N, DR's,TG shift kit,borrowed Scan-Master, ATR PIT-Bull chip(i like it) 20lbs of boost, and a 200lb high timing Pig in the cockpit:eek: suey!

Re: Hey MIle HIGH !!

Originally posted by BLACKBADGER
The evil chip is that their standard burn?,30/24 or can they do one like 30/20?
I ordered that chip from Marianne on 9/7/99. It was just a normal order for a 100 Octane Chip for my Blue Top / PTE-44 combination. We discussed the altitude, converter stall, MAF screens and that was it. For some reason, that chip, and my combination at the time, were absolutely made for each other. I don't know if their calibration has changed since 9/7/99.

I am sure that Mike can burn a chip with any timing map you request. I was not as impressed with the MMC 100 for MSD 50's that I ordered on 1/11/01. Hence, I moved to the T+\E package.
My best friend is Street King(aka Lee Sanchez) he said he had oppurtunity to meet and converse with you.
I really enjoyed visiting with Lee, Chuck, Mark and the rest of the clan. You have a great bunch of guys down there. I laughed until my ribs hurt, what a great time we had. :)

Said you ran high 11's a 11.87 or so.
That was my first time out with the T+\E package. My previous best was an 11.88, I managed a 11.87 and a 11.74. 2 of my first 3 passes with the T+\E gave me all-time best ET's and MPH - looks very promising for 2002.

My best ET for 2000 was an 12.008, so far in 2001 I have improved by .268 to 11.74. It has been a very good year at the track, I hope they are all this good.

In the back of my mind I am thinking an 11.50 wouldn't be unthinkable for 2002 with the exact same parts.

By the way what will that evil chip set a nice guy back? I am a HIGH timing PIG things just happen quicker when your cookin with bacon.

I am a timing pig as well. I think the chip was about $65-$75, and I was as nice as I could possibly be :)

Hope this helps,

Thanks

I'll give them a call a soon as I get the SMC kit. Yes there is a good group of Turbo guys down in these parts. I actually got our car from Mark , It used to be Chucks, I believe Chuck ran 12.5's all day long on the bottle, with 009's ,Lubrant chip and everything else pretty much stock, till he blew a H-gasket, the car I believe ran 13.5 stock on ET streets. Chuck was going to make it into a twin turbo'd Stage, but that runs into the pocket book real hard ,so he sold it to Mark. Chuck recently picked up another GN. I haven't had oppurtunity yet to get legit time slips as our track is closed. Hope to get low 13's with alcky and high timing and high boost on pump gas. With a larger turbo that wouldn't be impossible. Hope to get up your way next year. My car is a daily driver,and it looks it.:cool:

When I had Blue Tops in the TTA......pump gas I ran a Thrasher 92, went 12.50's on 17psi. Race gas I ran a JC 110. Went 11.90's on 20psi. I've got MSD 50's now,...running Lubrant chips. Don't like the street chip. Race chip is ok. I may start playing with some stuff on my own. Might pick up one of those hacked Thrashers for 50s to run around with on the street.

confused about bluetops

You guys refer to bluetop injectors, are these the older ones? What is the difference between these old ones and what I buy presently? If I ask a vendor for bluetops what will I get, old or new? Help me clear my confusion since I want to purchase a set of bluetops (I think).

paul