What u joints do you guys recommend?

my1stgn

Im running a t-brake, and I will be upgrading the open diff to a Eaton Posi unit, 30 spline axles and c-clip elim. What u joints should I run? I was looking at getting the Dana Spicer solid 1350 u joints. Will these work? Also wanted to get yolk and whatever else I could/should upgrade before I go to the track. Driveshaft is stock and trans is a 200r4 with stock 8.5" 10 bolt diff. thanks for any help!

1350's won't fit in that set up.
You will need a d/s w/ the correct ends, a yoke for the trans, and the yoke for the rear axle.
I got my d/s from PST, in Fl. SUPER service, and they've been doing it for many yrs. They supplied the ft yoke. [A "must have" in order to balance the shaft.]
I got the rear yoke from Mark Williams.

What u joint will work for now? I want to replace the u joints before I go to the track next month. and where to get them from? thanks

I think you might want to listen to Chuck. If you are using a T-Brake, it WILL require a HD yolk on each end. A chrome molly driveshaft would be a good idea, too. They call them a trans BREAK for a good reason.:eek: If you want to do many thousands of dollars of damage to your car by skimping on drive shaft quality, be my guest. A friend just popped his rear joint 100ft out, and it killed the whole trans (broke the case), MW drive line, exhaust system, beat the floor up bad, oiled the track down (hacking off the other racers), Fortunately it didn't cut a brake line in the process, and he could stop it. I've twisted the splines on s stock front yolk using the foot brake launch. Step up to heavy duty stuff BEFORE you race it. I wouldn't want to hear about your tragedy at the track. Turbo350 yolks have the same splines and will interchange. Strange Engineering U1662 - Strange Slip & Pinion Yokes, Couplers, and Installation Parts - JEGS And here's Chucks reccommendation: Precision Shaft Technologies, Custom Driveshafts
Good luck.

3-3-4281X is the spicer number for a 1350 series to fit 200/350/700 trans.To do this right , it will require to ends on the driveshaft be replaced to match, the above mentioned sources for the pinion yoke.Your local driveshaft shop can provide the best u-joints available...just tell them your purpose.

The wooped tee do driveline guy only uses Spicer stuff and swears by it. His driveshafts are in tons 3k lb cars running in the 8's here local.

I brought in some Brute Force joints I bought to replace mine with and he said they were the worst joints out there..FWIW
He talked me out of using them and Im getting a custom one built as chuck said now

Good!!

The wooped tee do driveline guy only uses Spicer stuff and swears by it. His driveshafts are in tons 3k lb cars running in the 8's here local.

I brought in some Brute Force joints I bought to replace mine with and he said they were the worst joints out there..FWIW
He talked me out of using them and Im getting a custom one built as chuck said now

Glad you are getting it done right!! :cool:
No point in putting urass on the line. Much less taking a chance of someone else getting hurt.:eek:

True ..so true.
Guy said that the driveshaft only being bent .010 can cause troubles with vibration and harmonics:eek:.

Okay, so I want to replace the stock u joints right now. Nothing else at this time. Whats the p/n for the Dana Spicer u joins that replace stock ones and are solid without replacing the yolk, drive shaft or anything else. Thanks!

Take it to the shop, have them install the Spicers you want & balance it. I only use a foot brake but thats what I did. Good balance is worth the few $$$ IMO.