What mufflers

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
I am going to be putting an exhaust on my car very soon. I am wondering what does everyone use / prefer for a muffler ? I like the throaty sound (like in the S&S video of the TM I/C Kit) and am wondering how to achieve such a nice tune out my pipes ......

I have the ATR X-Over/DP/UP-PIPE so this should help my sound even more no ?

Lookin for some reccommendations / input here....

I have the ATR 2 1/2 full stainless cat back. I love it. It sounds nice when you get on it and its quiet when your puting around.

The downpipe makes the turbo whistle much louder :) I would have to say the best sound is no muflers at all, just use all of the piping and it will make a nice little rumble.

Me and my dad have the ATR 2.5" with aluminized mufflers and two frineds of mine have the same thing with stainless mufflers.

I personally prefer the aluminized sound. It's a bit throatier and deeper sounding. It also resonates a little more inside the car. The stainless is a little louder outside the car but quieter inside. It sounds good too but it's a little raspier. It also seems like the turbo whistle through the exhaust is a lot more noticable with the stainless.

I ran straight pipes to the back when I was stock and it sounded pretty good. Since I have the big turbo and downpipe it sounds like a Honda with straight pipes.

I'v got custom 2.5 duel with no cat and REDLINE MUFFLERS. The mufflers sound real nice and not too loud. There straight through mufflers so they were a little expencive. (200$ each) I thought it was well worth the money.

Hey thanks guys...

Mike - you think no muffs would be way too loud...?
I have a pal that has a bender and does exhaust for guys so I might get him to do it up. I'd try no muffs if it wasn't too loud. Anyone done this ?

I've done it and like I said it wasn't bad with a stock turbo but with the big turbo it's very loud and sounds like a Honda.

Uh oh! No rice allowed :)

Mike: yea open downpipe sounds cool. Nick had a dump pipe at the track, and you can hear him spooling up before launch on the videos (well, maybe not on the crappy mpeg on the site), sounds wicked :)

Dave