What model moonroof ?

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Anyone know what model number / name the '85 GN came with ? Factory insatlled by ASC.

The power roof is from ASC I believe and mine is broken. I ma trying to locate parts for it but I need to know the roof model I have.

Anyone ?

Well, I cant' tell you the model #, but have a question for you. I had a "factory" 86 astroroof GN. The factory roof did not "pop" up in the rear, it only opened by sliding back. There were some dealer installed roofs that had the "pop up" function. So, which do you have?

I can tell you that the "factory" roofs were pretty common and there are lotsa cars in the boneyard if you need/are looking for parts. Any 80s GM car. Caddy's had them, Olds, etc..they were all the same.

Joe

Hey thanks Joe.

I have what appears to be a pop-up roof - thats is to say that when its in fully closed position - it pops up into the hole in the roof to become flush with the outer roof surface.

Seems to be getting more complicated as I dig.....

I think he meant the aftermarket roofs had a popup tilt feature with the back of the roof.

My two cars with factory sliders work this way. To open it the roof drops down an inch or so with a pop then slides open backwards.

To close slides forward and then pops up into the window at the end of it's travel.

Not able to tilt up the glass in any position of the astroroof operation.

Just my .02 for clarity. :)

Correct..that is what I was trying to explain. There it only opens..no tilt up in the back position like you described.

So, it sounds like you have a factory installed roof. And if I am not mistaken..I don't **think** ASC did them, but I could be wrong there.

No matter if it was Buick or ASC though, there are plentiful in the junkyards for sure cause that is what I had and saw many of them in the boneyard..

Yup. Okay - all clear now. Thats the roof I have. No tilt feature...drops inwards and slides back.

I dont have a code CF5 though....
would I ?

Is this the same roof they used in Cutlasses, Monte's etc ?

Or were they used in those...

What car should I look for to find my roof ???

All the G bodies, in addition to the Caddy's like I mentioned, delta 88s etc of the 80s used the same roof as what you have then...

All the G bodies, in addition to the Caddy's like I mentioned, delta 88s etc of the 80s used the same roof as what you have then...