What line is this?

FreeJack

Greetings,

I'm in the process of replacing my valve cover gaskets. On the passenger side. The lines that come out from the heater and into the brass/metal tubes mounted to the intake. What is the large 1 inch fitting for?

Is this the intake heated water line that some people plug? And should I plug this??

Thanks!

Nope, the intake heated water is more like 1/4" or 3/8" tops and is further up the metal tube nearer the Throttle body itself. It ties into that metal tube.

As far as I know the only things back there are heater hoses with the control valve for the heater water.

Okay, I thought the smaller ones were the intake heater lines. But this one is at the front on the intake, passenger side above the temp. switch. It's a coupler of some sort.

OKay. So this larger connection feeds the heater. I thought it is the other direction. Thanks

If your talking about the threaded compression fitting, it goes in the intake, put it up there and it will all line up.

That's what I'm describing!

Okay. The smaller ones going off it. Is it a improvement to seal them off so the water doesn't run through the upper intake? Or just leave it alone?

I don't think it's much of an improvement either way but my car came with the line looped back into the steel heater lines so I left it alone. Loop it back into the heater line and at least you'll have one less thing to blame. Don't worry about capping the fittings at the throttle body either, just leave them open.