What front wheel spacers to use?

robertf

So I recently purchased a set of Mario's GNX offset style wheels. Also installed a set of upper/lower Spohn control arms. At full lock the tire touches the upper arm by the ball joint. I assume a spacer will correct it but would like a good pr. of quality ones. Any recommendations? Thanks.

So I recently purchased a set of Mario's GNX offset style wheels. Also installed a set of upper/lower Spohn control arms. At full lock the tire touches the upper arm by the ball joint. I assume a spacer will correct it but would like a good pr. of quality ones. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I don't have an answer to your question but something you need to keep in mind. When using a spacer you lose the thread grip on your studs. I had to use a 3/8" spacer on my back wheels. After some measuring I found the lug nut was only going on to the stud about 5/16". I race my car and did not feel comfortable. I ended up installing longer studs. Please be careful.

You can use flat washers on a couple locations on the studs. Snug the wheel up. Let it down. See if it's still hitting. Repeat. Keep adding more washers until the tire clears. Then measure the height of the washers to determine the thickness of the spacer you need. Depending how hard you drive your car you can use a cast aluminum spacer. If you're auto crossing I would recommend a billet aluminum spacer. If your lug nuts are not going on at least 3/4 of the way you can get longer studs or lug nuts with a longer shaft. Unless they are acorn type nuts. Sorry for the long winded response. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk