What does everyone think???????

maitai1993

ITS NOT A BLAZER......
My 93 ty keeps overboosting (but not shutting down KNOCK KNOCK WHOS THERE) I have had the truck almost two years I bought it from the 2 nd owner I have not pulled the computer down to look at the chip or even if there is one (aftermarket).
Im just starting to get in to the trucks power now because I started to push the pedal and not baby it ....:D Let me know:)

Thanks Randy:confused:

no its not my mama ;) you goofy guy

P.S. if it is her take her out show her a GOOD time.....:eek:

Originally posted by maitai1993
My 93 ty keeps overboosting (but not shutting down KNOCK KNOCK WHOS THERE) I have had the truck almost two years I bought it from the 2 nd owner I have not pulled the computer down to look at the chip or even if there is one (aftermarket).
Im just starting to get in to the trucks power now because I started to push the pedal and not baby it ....:D Let me know:)

Thanks Randy:confused:

When you pull the codes are there any other codes besides overboost?

Have you done any mods to the truck recently?

Does the truck drive fine other then WOT?

I would check that the wastegate rod is not sticking. Also check the wastegate solenoid and lines to it for cracks or holes.

I will check my wastegate it is overboosting to 23 lbs but Im putting in a bigger fuel pump the one thats in there I found out is smaller than stock:( so I got a WB for it when I start the truck it runs rich making the check light come on after it warms up it shuts off. Under boost it runs lean
Randy

I will check my wastegate it is overboosting to 23 lbs but Im putting in a bigger fuel pump the one thats in there I found out is smaller than stock:( so I got a WB for it when I start the truck it runs rich making the check light come on after it warms up it shuts off. Under boost it runs lean
Randy

Randy,
List out all the mods you have from stock form on the truck. You must have an aftermarket boost gauge if you know you are going to 23psi.

Any exhaust modifications? This could cause overboost on stock boost control setup.

What fuel pump is in the truck right now?

You need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to be able to tune with and a fuel pressure gauge.

Pull the codes after the check engine light comes on during startup.

Find out what chip is in it.

Originally posted by Big Dave
Randy,
List out all the mods you have from stock form on the truck. You must have an aftermarket boost gauge if you know you are going to 23psi.

Any exhaust modifications? This could cause overboost on stock boost control setup.

What fuel pump is in the truck right now?

You need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to be able to tune with and a fuel pressure gauge.

Pull the codes after the check engine light comes on during startup.

Find out what chip is in it.

ATR exhaust with high flow cat 3 1/2
yes aftermarket boost, ic temp and air fuel gauge
the fuel pump is a stock s15 pump they sold me the wrong one after we put it in I found out..I have a wb 340 going in with a fpr
and a pressure gauge
custom intake hks blow off valve stainless up pipe
im going to pull comp today to look at chip
I pulled code it tells me truck running rich only on start it is odd so I changed the o2 sensor now it only does once and a while but if I start it and drive it right away it does not get a check light it is only if I warm it up first and I dont drive it every day so I need to let it warm up... I think when I put in the new fuel system it might go away(hope so )
:confused: :confused:
Thanks Randy

ATR exhaust with high flow cat 3 1/2
yes aftermarket boost, ic temp and air fuel gauge
the fuel pump is a stock s15 pump they sold me the wrong one after we put it in I found out..I have a wb 340 going in with a fpr
and a pressure gauge
custom intake hks blow off valve stainless up pipe
im going to pull comp today to look at chip
I pulled code it tells me truck running rich only on start it is odd so I changed the o2 sensor now it only does once and a while but if I start it and drive it right away it does not get a check light it is only if I warm it up first and I dont drive it every day so I need to let it warm up... I think when I put in the new fuel system it might go away(hope so )
:confused: :confused:
Thanks Randy

That fuel pump is definately not meant to be in there.

Your rich at start up problem will go away with the new pump. Also you will be able to up the base fuel pressure (45psi+) with the AFPR to run more boost.

I would not run more boost yet though. Adjust the wastegate rod to only allow the 15psi stock boost level for now.

Get the truck running good at a baseline and then start modding more from there.

With the high flow cat and exhaust you are going to be seeing boost spikes between gears and probably boost creep in 3 and 4. The stock turbo/wastegate setup likes backpressure to stay stable on boost. (semi stable anyway)

Take Care,

yea what he said I would not drive that truck in to boost with that pump. that is so dangerous!!!!!! The stock syty pump is bearly adiquit. I burn my own chips and there is so much control over the engine. I would make that your next project. I dont know why the pump would make you run rich though. The FPR is prolly the culprit.
later dude
Dan

Hay Randy I actually live in Aurora CO.sorry. I could make you a chip if I had a datamaster file to go by. I burnt one for a buddy here @5280ft. he couldnt get the car faster than 13.7 now he is running12.80.:D I usually charge 100 bucks for 5 burns but I could give a single EPROM chip for 25$. I can also burn a memcal
if you dont have a piggyback EPROM carrier. You would have to supply the memcal. Maybe i could order one but it would be more expensive.
If you want to chat about it
dannycheatham1@hotmail.com
later Dan

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
Randy, ever "herd" of spell check?:D

ADUM
I must not have that button on my key board but i will just type slower so I "heard" you :p (sack)

It is known that the stock turbo is too damn small ,so if you run an open exhaust and a cone filter it WILL oveboost.
You got to work your wastegate port or install an external wg

We fixed it all truck is ok now lots of new stuff if I make the wastegate arm longer its more boost right...:)
Randy