What converter?

DR. EVIL

THE DARKSIDE
You can see my combo in my sig.

I have been recommended that I have my stock D5 "loosened" to a 3000 or so stall. The guy that does it offers a lifetime warrenty on the work he does. He does it for about $300 I think. What converters do you guys use? I'd like to get more than 5-6psi off the line before my tires start spinning slowly :)

Evil, That is too much for a convertor that could balloon and ruin your tranny and engine. Get a 9/11 from Bruce and don't look back!

Just my opinion...

Butch

a D5 can balloon and ruin your motor? I didnt know D5s can balloon or have ballooned......anybody ever had this happen?

I have a buddy that had a D5 take out back of his block. I don't know if it "ballooned" or not but why take a chance on a modded D5 when you can get a properly engineered convertor for an additional $200?

Again, This is just my opinion!

Butch

ive heard about the modded D5s im talking about a totally stock D5. Doed a totally stock one balloon?

Two questions

Where is the "9X11" on that webpage?

I have a question about my tranny also. It's been acting up lately, with only 55K on it. At the top of I believe mostly 2nd or 3rd gear it acts like it goes into neutral briefly, my rpms will go up with a loss of acceleration, not sure if boost goes down or not, then it shifts like normal and the car picks up normal acceleration in the next gear. I've had a 700R4 in my last car that slipped, and I know what it feels like, but this tranny isn't doing the same thing. Any ideas?

if you go to bruces web site click on the picture of the torque converter and it'll go to the converter page.

as for the shifts sounds like you hae a 2004r..:D

they came with the flare problem but if you talk to bruce he should be able to help you out.

i think i have the worst case of flair from 2nd to 3rd on record but im just going to rebuild it over the winter and at wot it shifts fine so it'll have to wait.