Went to track, opinions welcome

VADER

Little engine that could
Went to Gainesville, prob about 50 deg in the morning, went up to about 70 during the last run.
1st run(best) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2nd run ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,4th run(w/ pass)
60 2.03 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2.19,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 2.07
330 5.2 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,5.38 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,5.53
1/8 7.91,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,8.08 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,8.5
mph 90.01 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,90.81,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,82.19
1000 10.29 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,10.43,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,11.09
1/4 12.31 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,12.44 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,13.27
mph 110.83 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,110.26,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,103.15

3rd run I redlighted by pushing through the lights and had no times.

I had the boost set @24psi on runs 1 & 2 and left at maybe 1-2 psi. I blame myself for the bad 60 ft, since I did not have much practice, MTs were at 20 psi, airbags at 5 or so left, and 25 rt. Fuel pressure was at 47 psi, alc was on max (10). Scanmaster showed some knock (4 deg), but not near the top end. egts were max 1750. I ran 1 & 2 back to back.

3rd run, the brakes wouldnt hold, since I staged last and had to boost quickly, so I blew it.

4th I waited for it to cool down, lowered wastegate to 23 psi, bumped fuel pressure to 48 psi, lowered MTs to 18 psi, SM showed more knock( 7-10 degrees), but around 87 mph. I had a pass in the car, and left at 0 boost. egts were a scary 1880.

Im thinking I need to practice my launches, the 28" MTs have helped my suspension. It feels like it pulls hard down low. Im thinking I need bigger injectors, 50#ers or so.

I will be installing a powerstroke soon also. Coolant stayed around 162 all day.

I want around 24-25 psi, it where the power really comes on, anything less and its mediocre. Runs were on 93 oct with straight den alc.

If I left anything out, let me know. Thanks.

Those EGT #'s are really scary. It's possible that you are running excessively rich and fuel is burning in the headers causing the high EGT's.

I wouldn't have thought you need that high of FP for your combo especially when running alky. I'm not that familiar with alky so my preference would be to run it with race gas and w/o the alky until you have the EGT thing figured out and then add the alky back in.

I agree with the above, those EGTs on all the runs were from excessive fuel burning in the exhaust. That fuel pressure with alky is way to high and killing some performance. Injectors will be in your future possibly but they were not the culprit to your knock or high egts i don't beleive. I would drop the pressure back down to 42-43 line off and see where your at. maybe drop the boost back down to 19-20 and slowly work your way back up watching the EGTs carefully. Those times aren't bad at all, work on that 60 ft and your good to go. you only gained 20 mph or so from the 1/8 to the 1/4, i realize you are running a N/L convertor but i think its overly rich and the knock you are seeing it probably rich knock killing power. Good luck, it doesn't need much to be a solid 11 sec car.:cool:

Following all the suggestions and working on that 60' time and you are square in the 11's!!!

Thanks for the replies. I will back the fuel pressure down and see what happens.

I need to learn how to launch. Using two feet was sort of tricky, and boosting without pushing the lights.

just press as hard as you can until you get a head ache and that should be good for 6 pounds or so depending on your brakes. great times for that bad of a 60ft

update

went to 1/8 mile track made 4 runs.
60 ft...........2.02........2.12.........1.99........3.12
1/8 et........8.00........8.17..........7.87........9.96
1/8 mph.....90.93......90.22.......90.69.......86.82
FP lineoff....44............46............43...........43
EGT............1850........1850........1910........??
launchboost.1-2.........2-3?.........3-4?.........5

I didnt pay attention to 02s on these, dont ask why. Egts were high, but no knock on any runs. I played with fp in case it was rich. I couldnt boost up, because my buddy would stage first, and I never had time to. Alc is on 9.5. Im thinking I was rich, but maybe I should try fattening it up. Boost is at 25 psi on 93 w/alc. I think I have it set right since I test at home, but the weather sometimes throws it off.

Any suggestions. My launch stinks, I know. Last run I was spinning tires at 5 psi on the line and it spun for a bit after launch.

I would try palying with the fuel pressure. You can see in my sig my times and they close to yours with a little more MPH. My alky was on about 8, and I had about 40psi line off. Also check your rear brakes I am able to hold about 6-7psi on the brake at the track, but I do have a smaller turbo,that gave me a 1.8 60' which is still not great.:)