Wastegate question

tommynos

worldwide flooring sales
Im doing a TT SBC,I just got my 44mm external wastegates in and they are too big to set right where the header pipes come together(or at least it wouldnt be too easy)...

Question is,can I put them on the downpipe and run the pipe to the area where the headers meet before the turbos,would the pipe being 1 foot away from that area effect it?

Im thinking it dont matter,but im learning as I go on this stuff...

Pretty much I would mount the wastegate right where the red line is,on the downpipe,and run the other pipe to the opposite side(bottom) of where the red line goes...

Attachments

• twin turbo.jpg
    twin turbo.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 181
Thanks for all the info:rolleyes: Just purtend its a turbo buick and maybe then someone will give me a answer?

Thanks for all the info:rolleyes: Just purtend its a turbo buick and maybe then someone will give me a answer?

LOL in theory that should work just fine. I would try to angle the wastegate on the down pipe. The reason is so that the exhaust outlet merges with the exhaust flow in the downpipe

LOL in theory that should work just fine. I would try to angle the wastegate on the down pipe. The reason is so that the exhaust outlet merges with the exhaust flow in the downpipe

Thanks for the help,I will be getting them mounted tommoro/Monday,then I can disassemble this thing for jet coating..

Tommy,

I what kind of collectors are you using?

We ran the downpipes right to the firewall,then added a collector right there for easy removal and then ran it right into my exhaust collector which has 2 electric cut-outs in it right there...Its just the basic collectors that come on SBC headers,the only thing different is I added the adapters for the headers to run bigger tubes which also have the staggered bolt pattern with the extra bolt in the center..

I have solid mounts so stuff wont move around too much..