Waste gate operation / adjustment question

hesermon

Here's what I did: I swapped the turbos on my TTA and GN. The TTA has an external wastegate the GN does not. Because of this I had to use the exhaust part of the turbo on the existing car that it was already on. The TTA using the turbo from the GN and the external wastegate runs good and builds about 15-16 lbs of boost with no adjustment (used to build 17-18). On the GN using the turbo from the TTA with the internal wastegate that was on the GN originally, I'm only getting about 3 lbs of boost. Is it more likely that I screwed something else up or more likely that the external wastegate would be that far out of adjustment? I checked to make sure that my vacuum lines are on correctly and the "y" is positioned correctly. Nothing else was intentionally disturbed during the transplants. I noticed that when I hook up the adjusting arm that the lever is not at the stop position. I mean that I have to move it about 1/4 inch clockwise from the full stop for it to connect without adjusting the rod. I'm just puzzled that with the turbos being almost identical and using the exhaust that was already on the GN why isn't it as close to being adjusted as the external gate on the TTA? Am I missing something really obvious? :confused:
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Hugh