want to hit good 12's

crazygn

10's here i come
Ok i have 500.00 now to play with with way should i go, i have the sperco set up would it help it to go with a bigger intercooler and would the ta33 be to little for it. Or i was thinking the NOS way but i will try any thing. I dont know what it runs now but i would love to go 12's here are my mods let me know if i can go a better way .

ta33
sperco intercooler
40lb injectors
comp cams 206 cam, lifters , timing chain
.30 over
307 pump[ hot wired]
adj reg
ram air kit
87 ecm
JOE L 93 110 chips
atr up pipe
atr down pipe
160 stat
stock intake and heads
maybe more

You have a very easy 12 second combo already. Just tune it. I ran the time in my sig on pump gas and street tire with a plugged cat and boost falling to 13psi on the big end. The only thing I had was a bigger turbo than you and that was only a 49 and a 62mm TB. If you have to do something else, a ported intake would probably wake it up nicely.

I run 110 race gas the car fell like a 13sec car but the cam and lfters were gone and the motor had a bad main bearing from not getting much oil so i hope it will hit the 12's when i get it back in. I dont have a scan tool but i am getting onebefore i run it at the track , how much time can i picck up with a good tune compared to no tune. What kind of boost will i have to hit to try for the 12's.

thanks guys

No tune vs good tune? My car was the epitome of bad tune. There's a guy on here that had a nearly identical combo as me running 10mph faster. That's about 100hp.

Just tuning I went from a 15.6 to a 14.2 in one afternoon. Lots left to play with. Just a beefed up fuel system and ATR exhaust pieces, adjustable FPR and a chip. A lot left in her! On race gas and slicks with a race chip, 13's should be a walk in the park.

what kind off boost are you's running to get 12.9 and 14.2 ,what boost level can i push before blowing a head gasket. I was running about 16-18 on the street with 93 pump gas and no knock. But like i said cam ,lifters , timing chain gone and no oil to most of the engine only one bad bearing just in time.I did run the car on the street with my g-tec timer and at 16 psi and it spun first it said 14.07 @ 104 mph this was not tuned at all and a 93 chip on pump gas. Hope to go alot faster i would be happy with low 13's but realy want 12's.

thanks guys

When I went 12.9@ 110mph I had it set at 18psi. The track wasn't prepped and this was the only time the car ever spun the tires in third. I would get on it, spin, get completely off, back on around 65mph and spin again. The first time I put it to the floor completely was around the 1/8 mark, it shot up to 18 psi and then fell almost instantly to around 13psi for the rest of the run. Every run after that the boost kept going lower and lower no matter what I did. So I don't know what boost I would say it was. I tell people 18psi just because I don't like making excuses and it did hit 18 for a second.

I forgot, you can run whatever boost you want as long as it doesn't detonate. The steel shims are real strong.

I ran 15 psi with a street chip and about 38 psi fuel pressure. I was using a 50/50 pump/race (94/112) mix that day and had room for more. Just ran out of time :( but 13's were in there for sure. This was on street tires, too.

im not telling you that i've been running 18-20 on the stocker has been 23 but didnt pick up and you screwed up bad if you blow a head gasket on a hotair i've tried couldnt do it.

motor is out and every thing in it looks new still the only thing i can find for all the blowby i had was it looks as the rings never seated guess dumb machine shop didnt hone it like i told them that speedpro called for for them rings.
i have carbon built up between the rings they were leaking so bad.

but im still not telling you .......:p

Heck I ran 13.20 with the tranny slipping which causes the whole thing not to work as it should. Scan tool would be a great investment. We went from 14.2 to 13.20 and at the end had I hooked (2.2) 60 foot my rpm was a 12.00 second pass for sure. You're there just tune tune tune. (new tranny is being built as we speak and I will get it in the low 12's high 11's I'm sure)