want to go e85

killa

How much to switch over to e85? Also who has the best kit to switch over? Thanks

There's no "kit" so to speak. Have to research and buy the parts according to your build. For example, proper size injectors, fuel lines, fuel pump, chip or after market engine management (fast xfi or big stuff) depends on your modifications you have made to the motor. Just make sure whatever you purchase is e85 approved. You'll read from some people that e85 approved doesn't matter, but it does. e85 is pretty nasty stuff and it's tough on fuel lines and pumps. Converting sounds harder then it is, but it's really not that difficult. Just keep in mind that everything has to work in sync. Also, it's not cheap.... Racetronics offers e85 pumps, fuel line and fittings. They're a good product. Lot of people on this board have gone pretty fast with them. I have a specific build (if I ever get it done) so I used a Weldon fuel pump (2035), Tech AFX fuel line, Moran fuel injectors..... That's just what worked best for me. Then, all the little stuff that goes with it like; AN fittings, fuel pump controller, regulator, filters.... $$$ adds up really fast. IMO, it's definitely worth it. Only down side is not a lot of places sell e85. There's a lot of people on this board (and I'm not one of them) that are very knowledgeable. Nick Micale, (Arizona GN) could give you definitive details on exact parts and costs for your application. And I'm sure other people, who are also very knowledgeable, too will join in on your thread. Good luck with it.

Good info...... Here are some ideas as I gradually made the transition: DW 300 pump, TT chip, at least 80lb inj.(siemens), and a new fuel filter then see how you like it!! If happy and plan to go all out the bigger return line at least is a must.......TRY IT & good luck......