Walbro 307 cant' keep up withstock turbo??

geez I am trying to remember...it was last summer.
I believe I checked the wires on the tank side of the plug just before they go over the tank.
I also ran another ground and tapped into the existing wire.
Like I say Jack, it works fine with my alcohol injection but I appreciate you help and concern.

One thing that I noticed on Steve the threadstarter's car is that he can dial his PW way up or way down with the thumbwheel as I can and the pressure does not change.
In my expirience if a pump has marginal volume the pressure will drop more as you open the injectors farther, and that does not seem to be the case.

How much pressure drop from the rear to the front? I thought I heard Red say 10psi at 1 time but could be wrong. If that it the case then Steve and I would have 73-74 at the tank and the pump is popping off maybe?

I did not solder the connections but made sure they were good and did not use a current meter as of yet.

Thanx Jack,

Steve

Originally posted by Steve Wood

Altho I think it is okay, check that there is a ground from the tank to the sheet metal, not the frame. Then check the sheetmetal ground by the battery.

WAIT a minute here!!!!:eek: Other than the gas tank itself, there IS no sheet metal close enough to use as a ground, as ALL the vendors give you that 6" grounding strap with the fuel pump kits, and everyone I've ever seen, incuding myself use the nearby frame as thier ground!!!!! Where else are you supposed to attach this 6" ground strap???????????????????

To something that is connected to the body.

The frame is not directly grounded in our cars unless you add a strap from the engine to frame or the battery to the frame.

Well....Thats Certainly a new one on me!!! The Vendors NEED to stae this in thier kits, as mine, and every one I've ever worked on or seen, has used the frame!!!

So, now that we have that cleared up, what IS the best location for these 6" straps to reach someting connected to the BODY?????

Can't help you with the six inch strap as I made my own hot wires for my cars. :) It may reach to the plate on the bottom of the rear of the trunk that the #7 body bushing rides against.

On my cars I went to the rear lip of the trunk that protrudes towards the bumper. I used a meter to make sure that it was a good quality ground. Seemed to pick up a couple of tenths of volts over the original ground wire alone.

Great Steve!!! Just when you think you know it all, out comes another VERY helpful tidbit!!