Walboro 340 question with large injectors....

TwinTurboIroc

i've done some searching and have noticed that at most a single 255liter pump will support enough fuel to low 11s or stretching it to high 10s before it becomes maxed out and that is also around the 125-127mph mark

what i didn't know while i've been searching is the size of the injector that most people are using.

I 83lb injectors and was curious if anyone could tell me if that will allow me to use the single 255 for a little more ET/mph. I planned on using the racetronix twin setup, but i dont think i'll need it this year and if i coud save the money and just ugrade next season it would free up some money to buy other things

thanks for any and all help

Don't know if this will help you, but........

I've heard that a single 340 Walbro fuel pump can support 700hp, but if you plan on making more than that I would definately look into something like the Racetronix twin setup.

I am in the same boat I was palnning on going with the big Porsche pump but since my old 307 decided to get really weak at bowling green I just picked up a 340 and threw it in, since I wanted to play for the wekend. So now I am sitting here with a new 340 72's and wondering how the bigger injector effects the max fuel delivery. I would rather put the rest of the fuel system off till next year as I have enough safety and tech stuff to take care of this year, so those that have done it let us know.

Thanks

Max fuel?/

The size of the inj is not going to affect the performance of the pump.. Pump performance is affected by items such as line size, length, # of turns, fittings, voltage, pressure setting,etc. The pump will provide "X" flow under certain conditions and does not care if the fuel ends up in a bucket or is sprayed thru an inj...
I'd start w/ the HP you intend to make and "reverse engineer" the system back to the tank...;) ;)