VP 112 fuel boost limit and a/f

Charlesrace

Hi, finally have the car out storage. Getting it ready for the track soon. My GN has orginial stock motor with stock ported heads. Intercooler is older SLIC. LS1 Maf with tt race chip 22/20 and 6262 turbo and Protorque converter....wideband.

Track near by has VP 112 "108" . Know the my question is kinda of vague. I'm gonna be tuning it. My question is how much boost are you guys running on 108 octane? What are the boost limits of this fuel?

Boost limits and what A/F should I the aiming for high 20's boost?

Appreciate it guys

Your motor may be up to the task, but definitely not your head gaskets if they're still original. Depending on you timing maybe 23, 24 max on stock, 30 yo head gaskets. Start somewhere 20-22ish, then slowly turn the wick up from there. But, beyond 24, those head gaskets are on borrowed time. No need to worry when one let's loose. Just replace with a new, quality gasket. Then, you can really turn the bitch up and let the fun begin. Also, don't forget to monitor and add fuel when turning the boost up. Your knock gauge should let you know when you're on the edge or have reached your limit. Just remember, go slowly.

I would chose an unleaded fuel. They have several higher octane options.

Thanks for your input.

Anyone else have experience with 108 octane? I will get a hold of Bison on FB...

Hi, finally have the car out storage. Getting it ready for the track soon. My GN has orginial stock motor with stock ported heads. Intercooler is older SLIC. LS1 Maf with tt race chip 22/20 and 6262 turbo and Protorque converter....wideband.

Track near by has VP 112 "108" . Know the my question is kinda of vague. I'm gonna be tuning it. My question is how much boost are you guys running on 108 octane? What are the boost limits of this fuel?

Boost limits and what A/F should I the aiming for high 20's boost?

Appreciate it guys
on the vp 112 we used to run around 25/27psi with 26 degrees of timing,afr around mid 11s.leaded fuel kills o2s wideband and narrowband.

I bracket race my car right around 7 flat at 100 mph in the 1/8th with VP 112 with Erics race chip. Timing is 32/26 with the 02's in high and low gear just below 800. I make about 125 passes a season with the car and go through about 2-3 Denso 02 sensors. Get yourself PL for your tuning...and sneak up on it. Keep a close eye on temp and humidity and adjust fuel accordingly. If you're not tuning low gear fuel and timing...then you're leaving a crap load on the table. Build and ET is in my sig.

I've run up to 30# boost with low timing , A/F 11:3. No issues...

Fyi, it's not the boost, it's the timing why people have issues with high cylinder pressures.

Lol, 1980's 26*, 27* timing up top... omfgosh