Viper Alarm Two Way Remote 791XV help

gordyzx9r

I have a Viper 791XV installed.

I have two remotes and they're both doing the same thing.

When I arm the alarm, I see the "transmit indicator" symbol, I hear three chirps from the remote, and one chirp from the car. The lock/unlock status never changes, it always shows unlocked and the"receive indicator" symbol flashes every few seconds on both remotes. When I press the unlock/disarm button I hear two chirps from the car and three chirps from the remote. If I leave the hood open or the trunk open and arm the system, it does not show me the "hood" or "trunk" symbols.

But the alarm is active, it will go off if I try to open a door and the trunk release still works too.

I tried to relearn the remotes by doing the following:

Driver door open
IGN to on
Press valet button once, press again and hold
Press disarm/unlock on the remote
I get an audible chirp from the car
IGN to off
Close door
Test alarm and same thing as before (tried it with both remotes, multiple times)

I also disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and tried that as well. No luck, same thing.

I can't imagine both remotes going bad simultaneously. Could a failure in one remote cause this? Is there a way to un-sync the remote completely from the alarm system and try them one at a time? I removed the batteries from the remotes and tried them each separately, but the same thing again.

Owner's Manual: http://dl.owneriq.net/f/f37b0657-47d2-4927-81ab-829a88985afa.pdf

Ive never seen that one before....put in then take out of valet mode.

Ive never seen that one before....put in then take out of valet mode.

I went into the car, key to on, then off, pressed valet. LED came on steady and stayed on. Did it again the light went off. No indication the remote.

Then I entered valet with the remote. Door open, arm, disarm, and arm. LED came on steady and stayed on. Tried to do exit with the remote but couldn't get it to work. Had to go inside the car to do it.

Might have to call tech help on this one.....maybe an issue with the antenna? Idk

Might have to call tech help on this one.....maybe an issue with the antenna? Idk

Is there a tech support number you know of? I sent an email via the Viper website to customer service. I found a local vendor but I haven't taken it in yet to be looked at but he seemed to think it's most likely the brain which is covered by a lifetime warranty. I'd rather take it out myself and send it off than spending $75 per hour for a shop to do it.

How hard is it to remove the brain? What's it look like? And with it removed can I still operate the car?

The brain my .activate the starter kill if removed....you'll have to try...I'll pm you my account # so you can call tech

The brain my .activate the starter kill if removed....you'll have to try...I'll pm you my account # so you can call tech

Thanks,

I actually got a reply back from them right away before I tried to call them.

"The symptoms you are describing tell me that the remote is sending your commands successfully to the vehicle, but the antenna in the vehicle is not transmitting a confirmation back to the remote. Please try disconnecting the antenna then reconnecting it to resolve this problem. If this does not work you will need to replace the 791XV antenna."

I did what he said and it's working normally again.

Thank you for your help though too, I really appreciate it.

Cool! Good job...and thanks for the reply for future searchers