Vin check on TA w/3.8 turbo

1987 GN

I am looking to buy an 88trans-Am that has a 3.8 turbo drivetrain from a wrecked TTA in it. The vin on the body of the TA is:
1G2FW21F0JL213090.

Could someone tell me if this Trans-Am has a clean title by running the vin on carfax.com? Also how do I check to make sure that the drivetrain from the TTA that is installed in this Trans-Am is actually from a wrecked TTA and not from a stolen TTA?:eek:

I am ready to buy the car but I do not want any visits from policemen with tow-trucks after I get it home. Thanks for all of your help and please respond soon as I need to get back to the owner ASAP on whether or not I want it. Thanks for all of your help.

I forgot to mention that the owner does not have any information such as the vin# or build# of the TTA that the drivetrain came from. Thanks for your help.

Can anyone run this for me? I have to get back to the owner this afternoon at which time he will give me the 6 digit # off of the motor or transmission (whichever he has the easier time finding). Is there a database I can check the 6 digit # against?

If you have the sequence number, other than the check digit the other parts of all TTA VIN #'s I assume would be the same. You just need to be get the first part of the vin from someone with a TTA and then get the formula to calculate the check digit. That should give you a VIN to check against. The question is how reliable is that vin.

David

time & date

1987 GN

I have sent you 3 e-mails....

1) 0n 2-19 @ 10:50am to colbyrichard@hotmail.com
2) On 2-20 @ 1:07am to same address
3) On 2-20 @ 1:08am to Richardcolby@fmr.com

Instead of trying to e-mail with this information here it is.........

Thank you
Jesse

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1988 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM (1G2FW21F0JL213090) qualifies for the $5,000 CARFAX Clean Title History Guarantee. By ordering this CARFAX Report, you have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with a costly hidden problem.

Section #: Section Name: Section Results:
Vehicle Specifications 1G2FW21F0JL213090
1988 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM
Title Check Clean Title History Guaranteed
Odometer Rollback Check No Odometer Rollback Detected

Problem Check No Problems Found
Registration Check Checked 7 types of vehicle registrations
Vehicle History Details One Vehicle History Record Found

Activate your $5,000 Guarantee today!

Register at www.carfax.com/register

NOTE: CARFAX has not inspected this vehicle. It may have problems that have not been reported to CARFAX.

How did CARFAX analyze this vehicle's history?

VIN: 1G2FW21F0JL213090
Year/Make/Model: 1988 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM

Body Style: HATCHBACK 2 DR
Engine: 5.0L V8 TBI/FI
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Carburetion: FUEL INJECTED
Cylinders: 8
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1988 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM (1G2FW21F0JL213090) qualifies for the CARFAX $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee.

CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history to determine if any title documents were designated or marked with the following problems:

Problem Titles Checked: Results:
Salvage/Junk Checked - No Salvage/Junk Title Found
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Checked - No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Found
Flood Damage Checked - No Flood Damage Title Found
Damage Disclosure Checked - No Damage Disclosure Found
Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) Checked - No Manufacturer Buyback Found
Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) Checked - No EML Found
Not Actual Mileage (NAM) Checked - No NAM Found

NOTE: Click here for a complete CARFAX Glossary.

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1988 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM (1G2FW21F0JL213090) did not uncover a potential odometer rollback. CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's reported odometer readings to determine if any reading is less than a previously reported reading.

Date Reported: Odometer Reading:
04/29/1988 15

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1988 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM (1G2FW21F0JL213090) did not uncover any of the following problems:

Problems Checked: Results:
Accident Checked - No Accident Record Found
Salvage Auction Checked - No Salvage Auction Record Found
Failed Emissions Inspection Checked - No Failed Emissions Record Found
Fire Damage Checked - No Fire Damage Record Found
Crash Test Vehicle Checked - No Crash Test Vehicle Record Found
Grey Market Vehicle Checked - No Grey Market Vehicle Record Found

CARFAX search results on this 1988 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM (1G2FW21F0JL213090) identify the types of state motor vehicle department registrations, other than private, that appear in this vehicle's history.

Registrations Checked: Results:
Lease Checked - No Lease Registration Found
Rental Checked - No Rental Registration Found
Government Checked - No Government Registration Found
Taxi Checked - No Taxi Registration Found
Fleet Checked - No Fleet Registration Found
Commercial Checked - No Commercial Registration Found
Non-Profit Checked - No Non-Profit Registration Found

The CARFAX database contains the following vehicle history record on this 1988 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM (1G2FW21F0JL213090):

DATE
REPORTED ODOMETER
READING INFORMATION
SOURCE GENERAL
COMMENTS
04/29/1988 15 Massachusetts
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Waltham, MA
Title #AC223942
Title or registration issued
First

Jesse,
I had posted this thread before I noticed I was supposed to just add a request to the other vin# check thread that has about 80 or so replies. I replied to that thread once you ran the vin# check for me. I also sent you an email saying I got the information but it must not have made it to you . Thanks for all of your help and your speedy responses it is much appreciated.
Rich

Rich:
I did not check my e-mail before postig my reply, I did get your e-mail, hope this report helped you out,

thanks
Jesse