Upper Dash Speakers

Venus

Does anyone know why some Upper dash speakers(tweeters) for a Concert Sound 2 car have a capacitor on them and some of the upper dash speakers I've seen also out of a Concert Sound 2 car do not?

Attached is a picture and you can see the capacitors on the tweeters.

thanks
B-

Attachments

• speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 201
Bass blockers are used to filter out the lower frequencies to prvent them from being played through that speaker. You would not want 3.5 inch speakers trying to play low frequencies as it may destroy them as well as it would not sound good. the other speakers are bigger and able to play a wider range of frequencies and dont require the blockers

I think he means like both speakers are from the upperdash and are concert sound but one set did not have the resister?

I think he means like both speakers are from the upperdash and are concert sound but one set did not have the resister?

Yes exactly...both are dash speakers out of a concert sound 2 car. I understand what the capacitor is doing, my question is did GM redesign the speakers or what is another reason why they would look different. My picture is actually showing the tweeters, door speakers, and the rears but for this discussion I'm just focusing in on the tweeters in this picture.

Heres a picture of the other tweeters I'm referring to without the capacitors but came out of a concert sound GN.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 9.39.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 9.39.05 PM.png
    537 KB · Views: 138
Last edited: